Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's on... Mark Hunt vs JDS - UFC 160

Default It's on... Mark Hunt vs JDS - UFC 160

War hunt!!!!!

Hunt by 3 round punch smash!! Beeeelllliiiiieeeeevvvveee.

Awesome fight!

Warr huntooooo!!!!!

glad that after this fight we can stop with the "Give Hunt a title shot" talk that so many people actually believe.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

does hunt deserve a title shot probably not but considering the heavyweight division is only ever 2 pullouts away from putting frank mir in a title fight, it good for the fans that they can get behind the underdog with heavy hands. Especially when he's built like hunt with so many fighters using ped's and trt, think thats part of nelson's appeal too. It would bring a wider audience too with people realising these people win fights using skill not just being freaks, i know cain has amazing skills but it doesnt translate as well for the casual viewer

If Hunt beats JDS then he deserves a title shot, no doubt. I was one who was in favuor of hunt fihting JDS before the Mir fight, not due to rankings but purely because he is one of the very few in the division that can give JDS a fight on the feet.
    Interesting fight and a big fan of hunt during his kickboxing days but I think he'll get soundly beat by JDS. I think he'll keep him on the outside and beat him up for 3 rounds

Hunt is on a bit or a run right now in the Heavyweigh division.
    He has shown improved ground defence in last couple of fights which was obviously his weakness & hits like a truck.

I've always thought that a fight with JDS or Overeem were his best chance to get a high profile win & grab a title shot. Both guys are likely to stand with him & thats his strength.

If nothing else it won't be boring!!

Quote Originally Posted by kieron w View Post
    does hunt deserve a title shot probably not but considering the heavyweight division is only ever 2 pullouts away from putting frank mir in a title fight, it good for the fans that they can get behind the underdog with heavy hands. Especially when he's built like hunt with so many fighters using ped's and trt, think thats part of nelson's appeal too. It would bring a wider audience too with people realising these people win fights using skill not just being freaks, i know cain has amazing skills but it doesnt translate as well for the casual viewer
    I agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    glad that after this fight we can stop with the "Give Hunt a title shot" talk that so many people actually believe.
    ^this!

I hate hype bandwagons, and this hunt hype has gotten rediculous. He was comfortably beaten in the first round against a guy barely top 10 who then gassed horribly and got knocked out with his hands sitting at his waist just asking for it...

Jds will tool hunt, he won't gas and his striking is high class. I think jds looked ring rusty in his last bout, I think he's far too talented for mark hunt and hopefully can put pay to the rediculous calls for a hunt title shot. Of course if hunt does pull off another win then he thoroughly deserves credit and any fight he's given after that...can't see it happening though
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

But if Hunt KO's him.....

.....dum dum duummmmmmmmmm....