Thread: What would you do?

Default What would you do?

Hi Guys

A quick question for you.....

You are reffing a fight, both fighters are on the ground. One fighter looks directly at you and spits his gumshield out.

As a referee I believe you should look for an opportune moment to replace the fighters gumshield but if you suspect it was done deliberately as a way to gain an advantage could that also be classed as timidity?

Cheers

Deliberatly spitting out your mouth peice is a foul

Pro Fighter
    Allan "No" Love
    Dinky Ninja

Wait for the next opportune moment to replace it and either give a warning or take a point. Same as you would standing.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

this is why i always carry a sachet of black pepper when i referee. although, i ought to confess that it can have a marked effect on a fighters' concentration.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Deliberatly spitting out your mouth peice is a foul

Cheers Sledge

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Shrek View Post
    Wait for the next opportune moment to replace it and either give a warning or take a point. Same as you would standing.
    Cheers Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    this is why i always carry a sachet of black pepper when i referee. although, i ought to confess that it can have a marked effect on a fighters' concentration.
    Nice work!!

Foul 26. Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury
    Would constitute a points deduction.

It is a foul of course, if it is intentional. If it is blatantly intentional and particlualrly at a critical point then it would warrant penalty. Gumshields do come out from time to time, the Referee has to asses if he/she thinks it is deliberate.
    Professional MMA Referee www.mmaofficials.co.uk

I like to beat the gumshield from a man's mouth
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă