Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first scot to fight in ufc???

Default first scot to fight in ufc???

Was wondering and the weekend results with turner mcveigh and hope all winning and stevie ray putting up a more than decent performance in bamma who ppl think will be first scot to appear in the ufc. Surely cant be far away with guys like mcveigh turner ray doolan whiteford all making waves at british and european level. I would include joanne in this post too but no really sure if her invicta contract maybe prevents this?????

If the UFC ever puts on a show in Scotland then we might see some scots on there.
    Fuck no-gi

This was supposed to be happening in Sep/Oct time but not sure if they have shelved plans due to venues? Hydro is here (not open yet) but not sure if that sort of style of venue would be suitable for UFC viewing as it's not a traditional arena style more of a "theatre" style layout.

I would say the most likely would be Jo Calderwood (in a few fights time) guys like Steven Ray and Robert Whiteford possibly later down the line. Steven would need another couple of wins and I think if Whiteford was to get another big Euro scalp then he would be well placed. James Doolan is technically good enough for the UFC but results haven't always gone his way and needs to go on a run much the same as McVeigh. The sooner as he can get to Fly and start wrecking folk he will be near the top of the Euro Fly rankings and would be well placed.

So, all in all probably no-one ready at the moment.

It is a great opportunity especially as the UFC will be doing the 5 shows a year in the UK
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Whiteford should be next. 1 more win. End of. I'd put him in now but I'm sure UFC would want another win
    This is the most fun i can have without going to jail

A think Graham Turner, To have a 22-7 record at only 25 is pretty fuckin impressive
    Twitter @cbungard Scottish Hit Squad

Quote Originally Posted by CBRaw View Post
    A think Graham Turner, To have a 22-7 record at only 25 is pretty fuckin impressive
    Very true bud whiteford should defo get the call he's been smashing guys since he moved to dinkys and look when he did in his last fight

Ano turner smashed people to but in a personal choice is rather see whiteford fight anyone with the shock factor he brings to the cage
    This is the most fun i can have without going to jail

Yeah a like Whiteford too and he's a bit nuts which makes me like him more but the Swedish accent was a bit weird
    Twitter @cbungard Scottish Hit Squad

Whiteford and turner deffo look like they will be fighting in ufc at some stage. I would say out the two turner is more ready with nearly 30 fights under his belt. Would think doolan and mcveigh could fight in ufc now and give anyone a good competitive fight. Joanne looks likely to fight in ufc but would have to add weight as she currently fights at 115 and ufc womans division looks to be 135. Scottish mma looks very strong right now and think well get further proof of this at cage warriors 53 in glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtie View Post
    Whiteford and turner deffo look like they will be fighting in ufc at some stage. I would say out the two turner is more ready with nearly 30 fights under his belt. Would think doolan and mcveigh could fight in ufc now and give anyone a good competitive fight. Joanne looks likely to fight in ufc but would have to add weight as she currently fights at 115 and ufc womans division looks to be 135. Scottish mma looks very strong right now and think well get further proof of this at cage warriors 53 in glasgow.

Had a massive post for this but deleted it, get myself in trouble

Not as far off as people think, UFC not going to be in scotland in 2013 though

UFC female divisions in other weights is a matter of time

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Not as far off as people think, UFC not going to be in scotland in 2013 though
    Spill? when you say "not as far off" are you referring to the inclusion of a Scottish UFC fighter?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!