Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nick diaz worthy challenger???

Default nick diaz worthy challenger???

Is nick diaz really the most worthy challenger to gsp this weekend??? He hasnt fought in 13 months and that was a loss to condit! I know he won 11 fights previous to this but going into a title fight after a loss and a 13 month layoff??? Does ttitle shots get handed out now to the most fascinating characters like diaz and sonnen over guys like hendricks who surely has done more recently to deserve a shot but doesnt have star drawing power of a diaz or a sonnen????

No. That is all.

I hope GSP smashes to shit out of him.

He is defo a worthy oppo, wether or not he should have been next in line is debatable but its worth big $$$$$'s to the UFC so thats that and lets face it we ALL want to watch it...

Would love to see Diaz KO him but unfortunatley GSP will win via 5rd wrestle fuck

War GSP!...
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

The only question in this fight is will it be a 5 ruond decision or will GSP finish him... Thats it.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

From shows put on in gyms, small hall shows and the biggest of the big, promoters will match fighters that sell tickets. Diaz v GSP sells tickets and boosts TV viewing.
    Most people seem to think the UFC are the be all and end all of MMA when in reality they are no different to any other show out there (yes I know they are the biggest on the planet). They are a promotion and can match who they like when they like for whatever belt they like regardless what people think.

That said, I hope it's worth the hype and that Diaz takes this, I have always enjoyed watching him fight but can't say the same for GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    No. That is all.

I hope GSP smashes to shit out of him.
    I deserve to get beat down? That's what you said right? Honestly straight up, I don't believe you deserve to get beat down. I don't think that. I don't want anybody to get beat down. I'd like to win the fight. You're over here you know me, you know me real well, you know I deserve to get beat down," said Diaz.

"I seriously believe that you told that to the cameras, so you believe that I deserve to be beat down. For whatever I've done in my life, I deserve it for running my mouth to get this position, to become something of what you are and now I deserve to get beat down? You're making those statements to the whole world that I am this piece of st that deserves to be beat down.

Hope Diaz takes the belt anyway possible.

of course he deserves a shot, he's been a top ww for years, fought in japan, strikeforce champ, dangerous for any fighter and exciting. I.ll be suprised if he wins but he'll most certainly be a more interesting champion than georges. Used to love his fights before the serra loss, boring as fck to watch now.
    Last edited by Jonny Ninja; 14-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.

^ Sorry... what?

*To Babycakes' post.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    ^ Sorry... what?

*To Babycakes' post.
    Sorry had too lol was Nicks response to George saying he deserves to be beat down etc.