Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: nick diaz worthy challenger???

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    It just made me lol that you used an example of someone being on their back and changing the fight with an elbow. Not saying it could never happen but just found the example used a strange one. No doubt GSP wont just be sitting in Nick's guard, he will be moving looking for position and reigning his own blows down. Nick will have more than enough on his plate defending let alone trying to be using offensive striking, plus he's not going to get much leverage into his elbows when being pinned to his back and cant see him controlling GSP's head with 1 hand?

Yea see your point lol its rare that you find a very effective striker from the bottom.

On another note war diaz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di4DvSxuS5s

Not that Suprised bŷ the result and manor of victory but a bit disappointed with Gsp. Suprised that he couldn't take Diaz down at will and that Diaz was able t get Back to his feet. Far more confident that silva would beat and finish Gsp after watching last nights fight. No disrespect t Diaz but silva has far better tdd and he will not be able to do what sonnen did and put silva on his back from the start to finish of each round.
    Hendricks and ellenburger have to get the next 2 shots. I personally think ellenburger is a far bigger threat. Hendricks is far 2 obvious with his wild leaping left hooks, Gsp will deal comfortably with it where jake definitely has tidyer boxing and decent knees as well

Just another day at the office really. One sided, best WW ever.

We all knew what would happen, even Diaz but he was powerless to stop it from happening. This is why he is so good
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

You all was right and I was wrong I do feel Diaz did well to stop a lot of the takedowns though.

Not the most exciting fighter in the world, but the most dominant for sure.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    It just made me lol that you used an example of someone being on their back and changing the fight with an elbow. Not saying it could never happen but just found the example used a strange one. No doubt GSP wont just be sitting in Nick's guard, he will be moving looking for position and reigning his own blows down. Nick will have more than enough on his plate defending let alone trying to be using offensive striking, plus he's not going to get much leverage into his elbows when being pinned to his back and cant see him controlling GSP's head with 1 hand?
    Chris lyttle vs joe riggs

gsp needs to start finishing fights, anderson would smash gsp

Why does GSP need to finish fights?... He's winning and that's all that matters, he could be 50-0 with all wins by Decision. I think Diaz has a better takedown defence than Silva, and Anderson wouldn't be able to stop GSP taking him down. I think he'd beat Silva by Decision as well, if he doesn't submit him before hand. He's got to get past Weidman's top game yet.

GSP lands 9/16 take downs and OUTSTRIKES Nick Diaz by a large margin 210-80.... Once GSP beats Hendricks he's going to be forced to fight Silva which I like because there aren't anymore fights for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Why does GSP need to finish fights?... He's winning and that's all that matters, he could be 50-0 with all wins by Decision. I think Diaz has a better takedown defence than Silva, and Anderson wouldn't be able to stop GSP taking him down. I think he'd beat Silva by Decision as well, if he doesn't submit him before hand. He's got to get past Weidman's top game yet.
    winning isnt everything tho, just as john fitch. Early GSP before he had the title was far more exciting. Since he won the title 8 out of his 11 fights have been decisions, previous to that in the ufc he was 5 finishes in 8 fights. I think hes playing it safe which is frustrating