Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: nick diaz worthy challenger???

i cant stomach 25 mins of GSP every time he fight , he needs to learn to finish people early. He wasnt happy about standing with Diaz which is why it turned it in to a wrestling match , which after 20 mins got a bit boring.

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    Chris lyttle vs joe riggs

gsp needs to start finishing fights, anderson would smash gsp
    I was more referring to this fight in particular. I know that guys can sustain good attacks from the bottom position but in this case with the 2 fighters in question it seemed very unlikely that it could happen.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    winning isnt everything tho, just as john fitch. Early GSP before he had the title was far more exciting. Since he won the title 8 out of his 11 fights have been decisions, previous to that in the ufc he was 5 finishes in 8 fights. I think hes playing it safe which is frustrating
    There's a difference, GSP can stand and he makes the UFC a lot of money, Fitch didn't.

I suppose he doesn't care he as long as he's Champion and making shit loads of cash. He doesn't look like losing so being cut like Fitch isn't a possibilty imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    There's a difference, GSP can stand and he makes the UFC a lot of money, Fitch didn't.

I suppose he doesn't care he as long as he's Champion and making shit loads of cash. He doesn't look like losing so being cut like Fitch isn't a possibilty imo.
    Agree with that. GSP is a revenue machine for the UFC, as long as he keeps winning they are happy! He is a massive role model and very marketable. Fitch simply had none of that. I still think Fitch is an awesome fighter and gutted he was cut but you can see why it happened
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

It cracks me up how many people keep banging on about GSP being boring and he is not finishing his fights. It doesnt matter !! He keeps WINNING fights. If fighters know what GSP is going to do, become better than him at it and beat him !

Do you think Man Utd would care if they won all their games 1-0 ? Would they fuck. They would win everything and go down as the greatest club side in the world.

GSP is a great fighter, great role model and by all accounts of people i know who know him personally a great guy. Shit - I love GSP
    ''All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice''

Nearly half of that feet was on the feet as well, Diaz had his chance and wasn't able to take it, I was surprised to be honest that Diaz managed to shrug off a few TD's in the later rounds. Hendricks will be an interesting test as he may do a betterj ob defending the TD and he can hit hard and will take one to give one against GSP I think...Be a fun fight, has GSP gone rusty - not come back quite as good since the knee surgery maybe...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Why does GSP need to finish fights?... He's winning and that's all that matters, he could be 50-0 with all wins by Decision. I think Diaz has a better takedown defence than Silva, and Anderson wouldn't be able to stop GSP taking him down. I think he'd beat Silva by Decision as well, if he doesn't submit him before hand. He's got to get past Weidman's top game yet.
    ?? Nick diaz generally has shit tdd, silva is far quicker and lighter on his feet and has far better reflexes and reactions. Silva will KO gsp, he won't live with him on the feet. The whole fight depends on long silva is on his back, and as we saw on Sunday GSP doesn't necessarilly have the ability to keep a fighter there for the whole fight, and he stuggled to even take diaz down in the 4th. I take nothing away from GSP, he is currently the 2nd or 3rd best fighter on the planet (3rd imo), but after the diaz fight I would finally be happy to put decent money on Silva beating and finishing him

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    ?? Nick diaz generally has shit tdd, silva is far quicker and lighter on his feet and has far better reflexes and reactions. Silva will KO gsp, he won't live with him on the feet. The whole fight depends on long silva is on his back, and as we saw on Sunday GSP doesn't necessarilly have the ability to keep a fighter there for the whole fight, and he stuggled to even take diaz down in the 4th. I take nothing away from GSP, he is currently the 2nd or 3rd best fighter on the planet (3rd imo), but after the diaz fight I would finally be happy to put decent money on Silva beating and finishing him
    ??????????? Yes.... Anderson is quicker and lighter on the feet but couldn't stop himself getting taken down by Sonnen?... Imagine how much faster GSP is, on this basis he'd take Anderson down without a breath of effort. He didn't necessarily struggle to keep him down he completed 9 takedowns, that should be enough to keep Silva down and Diaz has a good grappling game we just hardly see it.

You can't say GSP is the 2nd, 3rd, 4th whatever best fighter on the planet against Anderson, they've both been champions for pretty much the same time or will by the time Anderson calls it a day, Anderson has lost more fights in his career granted they've not been in the UFC but thats irrelevant, the only thing that makes people say Anderson is better is because of the nature in which he wins, it can't be justified. If GSP beat Anderson by 5 round decision, people still wouldn't say he was the best ever, they'd still say it was Silva because of his previous fights, finishes etc etc... They'd probably pass it off as 'oh GSP was scared to stand and all that bullshit'.

It's the whole Fedor situation again.

??????????? Yes.... Anderson is quicker and lighter on the feet but couldn't stop himself getting taken down by Sonnen?... Imagine how much faster GSP is, on this basis he'd take Anderson down without a breath of effort. He didn't necessarily struggle to keep him down he completed 9 takedowns, that should be enough to keep Silva down and Diaz has a good grappling game we just hardly see it.

You can't say GSP is the 2nd, 3rd, 4th whatever best fighter on the planet against Anderson, they've both been champions for pretty much the same time or will by the time Anderson calls it a day, Anderson has lost more fights in his career granted they've not been in the UFC but thats irrelevant, the only thing that makes people say Anderson is better is because of the nature in which he wins, it can't be justified. If GSP beat Anderson by 5 round decision, people still wouldn't say he was the best ever, they'd still say it was Silva because of his previous fights, finishes etc etc... They'd probably pass it off as 'oh GSP was scared to stand and all that bullshit'.

It's the whole Fedor situation again.
    I think you'll find that in almost every p4p list Silva is the top guy??

Ok....

Now justify it for me....

....Why do you believe that Anderson Silva is the best P4P fighter on the planet?