Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pietro Menga impresses with another First Round Stoppage (Pics)

Default Pietro Menga impresses with another First Round Stoppage (Pics)

What next for the Pitbull?

In An interview with MMA Uncaged magazine last month Manchester flyweight MMA Fighter Pietro "Pitbull" Menga said of his opponent Mark Platts "I’ll go for the knockout and if we end up on the mat i’ll submit him”

It played out exactly as he stated for the FCC featherweight belt on Saturday 16th March, submitting the experienced Platts in under a minute of the first round.

Pietro Menga Win FCC5-9292.jpg

Gallery here

http://www.fightshop.com/blog/uncate...ssion-win-1135
    Last edited by AdamC; 17-03-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Fightpics.net........Fight Photography

Looks like he handed the step up well, isn't he a flyweight though?

Quote Originally Posted by KeiranMc View Post
    Looks like he handed the step up well, isn't he a flyweight though?
    yeah he is a flyweight, error there.

More photos from the whole event on my photo site here:

http://www.adamcrowtherphotography.c...tadium-bolton/
    Fightpics.net........Fight Photography

LOVE 2 FIGHT | UKMMA News, Interviews, Event Results and Online e-Magazine | www.LOVE2FIGHTuk.com

I'd like to see Menga vs Seery, Harrison, Edwards, Pooley or McVeigh. These guys are all much stiffer tests on paper than he's fought yet.
    He has a great record but now he needs those type of names to really be able to claim he's the UK's number 1.
    Any other matches will simply be pointless tbh.
    He certainly has the potential to get to the big show, now he needs the fights.
    Look at Giorgio Andrews, a great record but with no really good names on it, he's another guy who needs those names to progress.
    Great prospect IMO.
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com

I'd like to see him figh Hyslop.

That's easily his biggest win to date, and a good scalp to move him on up. Sounds like he dealt with it very efficiently. Like Bri said, McVeigh, Pooley, Hyslop, Edwards, Seery would be good fights.

Wish he'd be able to fight Gaz Pilot again at Pro.

Sure Gaz would get the win again but it'd be a good fight to happen now given the result before.

Quote Originally Posted by KeiranMc View Post
    I'd like to see him figh Hyslop.
    He's been inactive since July though?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Wish he'd be able to fight Gaz Pilot again at Pro.

Sure Gaz would get the win again but it'd be a good fight to happen now given the result before.
    Why would it be a good fight now? He's not had a Sherdog databased win since 2011?

The fights Brian said are all far more relevant for anyone wnating to call themsleves the UK's number 1

Seery, Harrison, Edwards, Pooley or McVeigh are the fights any top Flyweight in the UK should be looking at. Or go for the real legit European guys out there like Ali Bagautinov or Mikael Silander.
    Last edited by iandean; 18-03-2013 at 11:20 AM.