Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nunes: I want the BAMMA title

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    for someone on the cusp of a lucrative dream career move, caution is understandable as well as potentially frustrating for the fans. in ten years time, no fucker will care if the fans at a leisure centre in Bracknell got what they deserved. nothing against Bracknell or UK MMA fans, just sayin. most fighters would hope to pick Vegas.

what's the latest on dana and records? he said 'go pad your record' a while back and everyone made a big deal of it. smash a list of bums, go 11-0 and you'll get a call. fight the toughest guys you can, gain invaluable experience but go 6-5 and you won't get a call.

does you know if dana has publically clarified his stance on this recently?
    Yea thats fair enough All im saying is the UFC is supposed to be the cream of the crop The very best fighters on the planet now we all know that without singling anybody out that a few have slipped through the net getting in the UFC and difference in standard from top 10 to bottom 10 in the ufc is huge. All in all im just saying that this is what happens when one company pretty much controls the entire market. Id love Dana to come forward and say to a few of our guys ok you fight you and you fight you and if you make the grade Ill sign you up that way the standard will always be fairly high in this country and over there not guys who are forced to avoid each other in fear of losing a chance at the big time. Not disrespecting the two guys in question its the system thats fucked not the fighters.

Just as Vassell was a risk that Jimi Manuwa didnt need to take on his way to the UFC its the same for both of these guys at the minute they will both get a crack and they dont need this fight to happen, the other problem is between them they have taken care of most of there domestic rivals

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post

what's the latest on dana and records? he said 'go pad your record' a while back and everyone made a big deal of it. smash a list of bums, go 11-0 and you'll get a call. fight the toughest guys you can, gain invaluable experience but go 6-5 and you won't get a call.

does you know if dana has publically clarified his stance on this recently?
    Not recently, and I don't think he ever will. When there was the big kerfuffle about it a while back, it wasn't a public statement he made, it was feedback guys had been given at the TUF trials... feedback they probably shouldn't have been sharing.

If you beat a bunch of high-level guys, you'll absolutely get a shot in the UFC... and you'll be prepared for it. At the same time, we've seen can crushers from all over the world get a call up.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Remember dan hardy putting it on the line against Daniel weichel with a ufc contract at stake. He had a comment like "if I can't beat him I'm not good enough anyway".

It's the Vaughan Lee scenario all over again, he went to the UFC trials with an 8-6-1 record, pretty much destroyed some poor guy in the grappling and took home $400, impressed everyone but didn't have the record, he went away and beat 3 nobodies, and next thing he's fighting in the UFC with an 11-6-2 record and is 2-2 in the UFC... Needs a really impressive win or a fucking awesome loss in his next outing imo to stay away from the cut line.

I think if you go 11-0 beating bums you'll get a call, if you go 7-4 against top guys you'll need to go through TUF lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    It's the Vaughan Lee scenario all over again, he went to the UFC trials with an 8-6-1 record, pretty much destroyed some poor guy in the grappling and took home $400, impressed everyone but didn't have the record, he went away and beat 3 nobodies, and next thing he's fighting in the UFC with an 11-6-2 record and is 2-2 in the UFC... Needs a really impressive win or a fucking awesome loss in his next outing imo to stay away from the cut line.

I think if you go 11-0 beating bums you'll get a call, if you go 7-4 against top guys you'll need to go through TUF lol.
    Ah now I get why so many journey men are driving about in sports cars haha :P

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Ah now I get why so many journey men are driving about in sports cars haha :P
    You've obviously never seen Peter Buckley's car.