Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Daley vs Rodrigo Ribeiro at Dubai FC 4.

Default Paul Daley vs Rodrigo Ribeiro at Dubai FC 4.

Anyone else think the opponents are running thin for Daley?

I don't think Dana is going to change his mind.

If Daley was American Dana would of probs let him back in by now but saying that and I do not know if this is true or not but I have read a few things on here about Paul getting in trouble etc that might not help his chances.

Terrible fight on the face of it. 9-10 record, 1-4 in his last five. I realise that he's a 'name' in the BJJ world and that's a big deal over there in Dubai... but meh, not a fight I personally have any interest in.

With that said, Daley is in a tough spot with his Bellator deal - it's well known that they have to sign off on opponents for him, and it's not like they're going to let him fight a bunch of high level guys and risk him coming back on a loss or two once his issues are cleared up. On that level, I'd rather see Daley take fights like this than sit on the shelf.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

That may be the case but who is out there for him to fight thats 'high level' that isn't signed by the UFC or Bellator?...

Count them on one hand. It's his own fault he's fighting these guys imo.

If he's open to MW as well, there are a number of good fights for him on a domestic level that would be much tougher than this. I could definitely get to two hands on that, might even have to take my socks off.

It's his own fault he's fighting these guys imo.
    Completely agree.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Agree, would love to see him matched up with some domestic MW. And he is defo his own worst enemy at times.
    Im gona come at you like a SPIDERMONKEY.....you hear that a SPIDERMONKEY

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    That may be the case but who is out there for him to fight thats 'high level' that isn't signed by the UFC or Bellator?...
    Mills, Pendred, Arish, Liaudin, Kelly, Magomedov, Thoresen, Depret, Zavurov, Enomoto, Murrie, Bal, Njie, Galiev. That's just Europe!

Daley V Mills would be epic.............as would fights with most of the above ....
    Im gona come at you like a SPIDERMONKEY.....you hear that a SPIDERMONKEY

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

amazing list. though, have you seen Jess recently? he was cornering at CW, he looks like a low bodyfat LHW!
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Mills, Pendred, Arish, Liaudin, Kelly, Magomedov, Thoresen, Depret, Zavurov, Enomoto, Murrie, Bal, Njie, Galiev. That's just Europe!
    EDIT - Not starting.