Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Michael Page debuts in Bellator tonight

he was clearly bleeding from the nose post fight...

as for mvp vs Irving, damn shame that didn't go down especially as both guys had agreed to it.

I trained up LSF for a few days when MVP was there and he trains hard. I watched him sparring with James De Gale and he gave him a good spar.....and got under his skin.
    Sponsored by...PASnutrition, G4MMA, Physicool, Garra fightwear!

It looks as though only the knuckle of his index finger touches him but tbf it did still tough him. He's only 4-0-0 he's gonna have to face a beast sooner or later and only time will tell. would really like to see him face a guy who wrestled in NCAA div I
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    Agreed and I definitely think he's overrated but he also trains at a solid team who I expect wouldn't put him in unless they feel he can handle it.

His opponents seem to like rushing him.

I'd have liked to have seen him fight Pete Irving.
    I'd like to retract this statement.

I sparred with someone today who started doing that Michael Page stuff and it hurt. Plus you never know whether to close the distance and get punched or stay on the end and get tagged.

Fuck that shit.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Did you not try a flying X-Guard dude?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

The Pointfighting style is very deceiving. It is flashy and "cocky" but it is also very dangerous and hard to deal with. The way they blitz forward, almost like a straight blast when punching is hard to prepare for or defend against, and their kicking offense and defence is second to none.

However the balance is off and they rely on a sideways stance. I'm sure you'll have a few guys who will swear blind that its the greatest shit but hey lets not jump on the Alfie Lewis bandwagon just yet...
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

The blitz forward is perfect for a wrestler, that style alone wont work at a higher level, unfortnately, thats not to say the techniques wont work, if he takes his skill an techniques an modifys his style/stance for mma, he is going to be much more effective

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Did you not try a flying X-Guard dude?
    That was not an option.

To do that I would have at least had to set it up which means level changing. And since there were knees involved and I'd already eaten a couple, the level change was not something I was willing to explore.

We're not all well versed in flying X guard and "cant pass guard so drop back for heel hooks".
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Dude, did you not then at that point consider the beating him into a living death move? Or the Chael Sonnen spinning backfist?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.