Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Machine Vs The worlds most dangerous man........

Well looks like its on. July 27 up in Doncaster
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Isnt he boxing Suntansuperman?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gimp View Post
    Well looks like its on. July 27 up in Doncaster
    I had heard they were trying for it, but didn't think it would come off because of Shamrock's crazy demands. I know they've been contacting other UFC vets as backup.

BAMMA are doing a show in Doncaster?

How much did they pay Shamrock to be on the last show?

I reckon there on about between 15k to 20k basic with maybe a 5k add bonus for a finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    BAMMA are doing a show in Doncaster?

How much did they pay Shamrock to be on the last show?
    It's UCFC:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...d-for-ucfc.htm

Not 100% sure how that's going to work out for them but I know they could probably pull the fight off.

Wait I've just read that article... 'Legends World Title'... I thought Ken Shamrock was fighting Ian Freeman?

Presumably it'll be in the smaller stadium attached to the 15k seater? Or in some kind of suite? (I once overheard someone talking about FCC, saying they couldn't wait as the atmosphere at the Reebok would be sick with 30,000 fans there, lol)

Not really sure what to make of this fight. As a fan I was really game for it back when it was first supposed to go down in what, 2003? For me, the period after the Ortiz loss was when Ken's 'legendary' status was at it's greatest. I wish he'd have called it quits either then, or after the Kimo KO. Now, as someone who started following the sport when Ken was 'The World's Most Dangerous Man', I just don't see Ken as a 'legend' anymore.

Regardless of status though, I just don't see this as being an entertaining fight. Going off past history, Ken has just not looked up for it in years. Freeman, by contrast, went out on a high and judging by his kickboing fight last year, is still in pretty decent shape. Unless you're interest is in seeing Ken getting KO'd inside a minute or two (if he lasts that long), then I don't see the appeal here.

On the plus side, even though I see it as a miss-match, it's better than Ken getting sparked by some young up-and-comer. And at least in Freeman he's fighting a recognizable fellow pioneer, rather than some guy who's in danger of dying of complications related to morbid obesity (one of Ken's most recent 'wins' - Ross Clifton).
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

I can't imagine Shamrock is coming cheap.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!