Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promoters beware of lloyd clarkson

Hybrid View

Default Promoters beware of lloyd clarkson

On March 8th Lloyd Clarkson was supposed to weigh in for his fight with Mike Ling on Shock n Awe.

1 hour before the weigh ins I recieved a text from him saying he was struggling to make weight and that he was sorry.

He turned off his phone and 13 days later posts a Facebook message apolagising to his friends for not making weight.

The facts are this.

He did not turn up to the weigh ins.
    He turned his phone off and disappeared for 13 days.
    He has still given neither me or Mike Ling an explanation.
    He pulled out of his previous scheduled fight (UCMMA) to this one on the day.
    He messed me about for 6 weeks regards tickets, telling me he was getting names ect but ultimalely didn`t sell 1 ticket before this debacle.
    He told his coach he was being cornered by someone else so he wouldn`t be needed, I spoke to this person and he knew nothing about it.
    He has missed weigh 4 times.

These are all facts.

I just though fighters or promoters might want to know this in the event of ever being offered him as an opponent ect.
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com

You promoters could really do with your own section to post things like this would make it easier for you to run a check through the posts etc.

I was supposed to fight him on UCMMA a couple of years back and no showed on the day, leaving me with my hands wrapped and no opponent.

i heard he collapsed trying to make weight in the sauna for his fight against Ben Callum on UCMMA other month

Yeah, I think his arse collapsed.
    www.gym01.com

Did you know of his previous before you matched him with your fighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Did you know of his previous before you matched him with your fighter?
    this is the weird thing about Lloyd he's a cracking guy when you meet him and he's had some wars with the likes of Tom Watson , tough guy. No idea where his heads at now, disappointing

really fucked sna over, Im sure Ling would have took the fight regardless of what weight Lloyd came in at

Yeah ive seen his name around the scene for years and thought he was a legit guy going off remembering who he had been in with etc

Was just wondering if this is a recent thing

I was aware he had withdrawn from his previous fight BUT having known Lloyd personally for a while I took his explanation regards him pulling out on face value.
    Only after the event did I find out everything.
    www.gym01.com

As Dave said, Lloyd is a cracking guy and I canít say a bad word about him however recent events obviously donít do his character any good at all.

From experience when I had matched Lloyd vs. Matt Howard, Lloyd didnít to make weight in the allotted time and subsequently Howard agreed to a catch weight bout with Lloyd financially penalised.

It is no coincidence that Lloyd was matched at heavyweight for his next bout on the show. Iím hoping to catch up with Lloyd soon as there has to be a deeper reason why missing weight is becoming a regular theme.

Bri, there is no excuse for the way he conducted himself on S&A and you are right to make others aware of your experience, however It seems from the outside that he knows he has fucked up and as buried his head in the sand in fear of a backlash. Shame things like this happen as it affects so many people.