Thread: Dan Hardys Heart Issue Explained.

Default Dan Hardys Heart Issue Explained.

Caught up with Dans manager Wad today to find out whats been happening. He was good enough to write us this statement.

http://addictedmma.com/story-Front-p...rome-Issue.php

Damn, that sucks.

I wonder what happens now? Will other states take this into consideration when licencing Dan? Hopefully common sense prevails.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

I myself suffer with WPW.

I'm currently 21 and was diagnosed with having this condition 7/8 years ago. Unlike Dan I found out by collapsing at the top of a flight of stairs and falling down them.

Basically WPW is an extra pathway between the atria & ventricles of the heart, also known as a bunch of nerves called the bundle of Kent.

This causes the ventricles in the heart to contract prematurely, creating a type of supraventricular tachycardia.

It's a pretty rare condition with something like 0.1% of the World's population being affected.

It can be controlled by the use of beta blockers or a defibrillator like shock to the chest. In extreme cases they put a catheter through the femoral vein or jugular into the heart where they then destroy the tissue thats causing the problem.

I was prescribed beta blockers at first but they made me ill and caused me to miss about 6 months of school so I had to come off them in the end. I've managed to keep mine under relative control through clean living.

Gutted for Dan, hope he can fight again.