Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC: McGregor v Siver Official Thread

Default UFC: McGregor v Siver Official Thread

Right, get posting.

Come on Conor
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

I think Conor takes this and fast.

Yeah Connor all day long for me, I see him rocking Siver in the 1st exchange
    Im gona come at you like a SPIDERMONKEY.....you hear that a SPIDERMONKEY

I think its Conor's in round 1 but im not so sure about within 2 minutes - id love to see it happen though!

Conor will win and then make Siver "tank him"
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Has to be McGregors. Cant see where Siver beats him tbh.

Not counting him out but I wouldn't put any money on Siver.
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

I think Connor will be too slick for Siver. End of the first round Conor knocks him down and follows up with GnP for the win.

Just out of curiousity though, what do people think will happen if McGregor gets beat? Do the UFC abandon the current marketing strategy on him or do they stick with him? With the other Irish fighters in Conor's slipstream, how does this effect the UFC's plans. Just playing devils advocate, I think he will win without much difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    I think Connor will be too slick for Siver. End of the first round Conor knocks him down and follows up with GnP for the win.

Just out of curiousity though, what do people think will happen if McGregor gets beat? Do the UFC abandon the current marketing strategy on him or do they stick with him? With the other Irish fighters in Conor's slipstream, how does this effect the UFC's plans. Just playing devils advocate, I think he will win without much difficulty.
    I think if he loses one they wont care at all. Especially to a top guy. if he loses 2 or 3 in a row then they will ease off I would think.

Aldo in Ireland would be nuts. I hope it happens.
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post

Conor hasn't shied away from his old losses so I wouldn't expect him to do so with this one. I think the UFC would spin it as a young guy with amazing potential and this is just a stumbling block which he will learn from. Cue Conor giving a million interviews about how he has learnt and will use it to improve and the hype machine will keep rolling forward. I don't think the fact that it was a loss would be brought up much in interviews and Siver won't get much recognition from the UFC/Media about his win. Just my thoughts.

Fights = can never ever be 100 percent sure, right? Anyway. Yeah, I love Conor - I do and I genuinely believe that separate from his hype, he has a massive skill-set. But that said, though Siver is beatable and predictable in his style, he's not a slouch. I love watching Siver too. The guy can bang. A high kick or hook can change things.

I'm still going with Conor - if it's a T.K.O it will be a rangey t.k.o Anderson vs Chris Leben style; Siver getting frustrated and trying to march forward into a bloody barrage of straight strikes and kicks.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă