Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I predict knees to the head on the ground in mma are coming.

Pride rules are the best . get rid of the stupid cage.

ring>cage

soccer kicks and stomps and knees to the head

yellow cards for fighters who stall

I'm not saying they should be in, I'm just saying that at some point I believe they will come into play and everyone maybe left behind if they blinker the possibility of them suddenly appearing.

I've been in the game along time and have seen it evolve and grow over the years and even got told by top martial art equipment manufactures in 1997 that the MMA glove would never sell, doh! Now look, I also got told by various agencies that mma would never be on SKY TV, I also got told by many that mma would never be popular as a spectator sport...

When and how who knows but I'm keeping an open mind on this subject just in case, and if they don't then it's always useful for self defence.

In the mean time it's actually great fun training with Pride FC rules in mind whilst own the ground dummy bags

Osu!
    Lee 新戦術 Hasdell J-MMA (UK) Booker www.combudo.com

Can anyone see those slicing blood letting elbows that cause fights to get stopped purely because of the cut being banned?

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ View Post
    The missing piece in the mma jigsaw. I predict that knees to the head on the ground will become the norm soon, when I don't know but they will come. Whether or not your a Pride FC fan (most secretly are) you got to sense it's the next level in MMA?

I would suggest that mma fighters and coaches start preparing or at least considering the game with these rules. As the knee strike has always been my favour technique I have been working on these on the ground to the head at my SSJ gym for a while purely just out of curiosity and its a definately game changer.

Let see...

Lee Hasdell
    www.combudo.com
    Personally I don't see the point in wasting training time drilling something that is illegal in most mma fights worldwide on the off chance that a small organisation might one day re-sanction them. They'll never be a regular occurance in professional mma again, they're too brutal and dangerous and governing bodies/media would never allow it. the UFC will certainly never have them imo.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Yes, it's a good point re training knees to head, but we also train for self defence so it's ok, we also train head-butts for Kudo. It's all worth exploring the pros and cons of rule sets and constraints, even if its only for cerebral exercise (excuse the pun).

Quote Originally Posted by Sengoku View Post
    Pride rules are the best . get rid of the stupid cage.

ring>cage

soccer kicks and stomps and knees to the head

yellow cards for fighters who stall
    Agree fully with you apart from the Ring part. Id love to see both cage and ring used in different promotions in the uk.

Yes, it's a good point re training knees to head, but we also train for self defence so it's ok, we also train head-butts for Kudo. It's all worth exploring the pros and cons of rule sets and constraints, even if its only for cerebral exercise (excuse the pun).
    I understand that totally, they'd be a vital tool for self defence as youve mentioned they are certainly a game changer. im all for varied rules and pride style but don't think they'll ever be needed again in professional mma - not saying i agree with that.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Agree fully with you apart from the Ring part. Id love to see both cage and ring used in different promotions in the uk.
    RINGS & The Outsider MMA are coming to the UK soon, I'm booking fighters already
    Last edited by SSJ; 27-03-2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Spelling

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

RINGS & The Outsider MMA are coming to the UK soon, I'm booking fighters already
    Thats big news, really flew under the radar. Any hints on when Lee?
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    Thats big news, really flew under the radar. Any hints on when Lee?
    Im taking 5 UK fighters out to Japan in June to the RINGS Outsider event with the final meetings with the org taking place for UK events, once I return I will officially release the dates etc. it's a long term project and I have been recruiting fighters and coaches interested in JMMA since last year, all is shaping up. Lee