Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Philpott v Liam James [VIDEO]

Administrator

Default Alan Philpott v Liam James [VIDEO]

Main card opener from Cage Warriors 52 now available to watch...

Alan philpott what a fantastic fighter. Great in all areas there and dominated Liam in every area. Credit to Liam who's as tough as hell and took some serious punishment..... Much of that punishment was due to the horrendous lack off stoppage by Goddard though I am fully aware I will get flamed for this because of marks standing in the mama community and his pedigree as a ref but that was horrendous especially the last 15 secs of the 2nd round - there was nothing remotely resembling intelligently defending himself he was sitting getting punched in the face with no defense or hint of being able to defend himself. It doesn't matter that he was still in a fit state to continue in the 3rd round that fact is there were two times that fight could/should have been stopped but the end of round two it would be impossible for anyone to watch that impartially and say that he was defending himself. Horrible

It looked like Philpott couldnt believe there was no stoppage at the end of round 2 also.

Would have to question the relationship between Goddard and Liam James. Be very surprised if they weren't friends

What the fucks that meant to mean like?
    Liam Bad Intentions James, pro mma uk featherweight!!

That mark favored you in the fight and should have stopped it before he eventually did. Not taking anything away from the fact that you were games as fuck but you can't seriously say you we're intelligently defending yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Simba84 View Post
    What the fucks that meant to mean like?
    Ignore them pal those who know you know your a warrior and great inspiration to lads like me taking up the sport keep doing what your doing making the north east proud.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 29-03-2013 at 09:01 PM.

The fact nobody has disagreed I would think pretty much shows most people agree but just don't want to be seen to be criticizing mark Goddard

They weren't massive punches and he (Liam) was moving his hands as to show he was OK. It was touch and go towards the end as it looks as though Marc steps in for a closer look but then decides that the damage being done wasn't enough. It also looks a bit as though Liam was just taking them as it they weren't hurting that much.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Fullthrottle View Post
    Would have to question the relationship between Goddard and Liam James. Be very surprised if they weren't friends
    Suggesting he made a mistake is one thing but the above is out of line imo