Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan Philpott v Liam James [VIDEO]

Quote Originally Posted by Fullthrottle View Post
    Would have to question the relationship between Goddard and Liam James. Be very surprised if they weren't friends
    Fucking strong words. One thing to question a stoppage or lack thereof but you're questioning Marc's impartiality, integrity & professionalism which is a balls out liberty... & it's got fuck all to do with standing in the community. It's to do with you anonymously calling someone a cheat.

Would have to question the relationship between Goddard and Liam James. Be very surprised if they weren't friends
    You see, I would have taken your original line of enquiry as serious and most probably afforded you a response to counter your opinion. As previously pointed out - your statement above makes me glad I didn't.

And by the way, when you have been around as long as I have and done and seen as much as I have you think people don't sometimes disagree with my actions? That people don't criticise me or speak out? lmao.

Just for the record, after the fight young Mr Philpot (also after being reprimanded by his coach Rodney Moore) came to me and apologised for actions and stated correctly,that he should trust that I know best - as was turned out to be the case in this instance. He seems a talented young man and will do well.

Everyone's an expert right?

Goodnight from India.
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

A question before this point and an accusation afterwards.
    No need in all honesty.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    They weren't massive punches and he (Liam) was moving his hands as to show he was OK. It was touch and go towards the end as it looks as though Marc steps in for a closer look but then decides that the damage being done wasn't enough. It also looks a bit as though Liam was just taking them as it they weren't hurting that much.
    This summed it up for me.

I didn't think it was as bad as you were making it out to be in all honesty. It's not like Liam was dazed, limp, knocked out, he was just sort of lay there for a few seconds and then on his elbow, if he was in any trouble he wouldn't have been basing on that elbow. So like others have said, I don't think the shots he was taking were that bad that it was worth a stoppage, and especially not right at the end of the round!!!

Liam is as tough as they come, with a head like a brick! And I know that first hand haha. Won't even engage in that debate because there's no need to give any fuel to the argument.

Good to hear Liam has moved over to Dublin to train with SBG - got the tools to get back on a run at featherweight. Think the cut killed him. All the best pal.