Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UK MMA's worst record padders?

Hybrid View

Default UK MMA's worst record padders?

As the title suggests. This is not a witchhunt, more to see who is maybe not as good as their 25-0 record suggests.

Really what benefit does this have if you take MMA seriously? other than to be a "Facebook" fighter. Surely testing yourself to see what level you are at would be better and testing yourself against guys with different styles and expertise?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

The key to finding the padders is follow the journey men and look who they have fought more then one time.

Thread on the Scottish forum suggests Davie the Gladiator Galbraith is padding his record. Hasn't beat a guy with a winning record has some of the usual suspects on there Aldridge Cassidy and Malone

Quote Originally Posted by the_truth View Post
    Thread on the Scottish forum suggests Davie the Gladiator Galbraith is padding his record. Hasn't beat a guy with a winning record has some of the usual suspects on there Aldridge Cassidy and Malone
    What's your record ya pellet ? 10-0 in talking shite ?

who cares really....90% of the uk "good" fighters get smashed at international level it really doesnt matter who is doing this and that in uk mma

Quote Originally Posted by danhardy84 View Post
    who cares really....90% of the uk "good" fighters get smashed at international level it really doesnt matter who is doing this and that in uk mma
    Well it actually does

Even though you are trolling, fact of the matter is that can crushers are only kidding themsleves and hurting the scene as a whole.

Chances are if you get to the UFC by not beating anyone with a winning record or by beating a mix of the "journeymen" who turn up for a pay day. Then you will most probably get horribly exposed in the big show.

More people should speak-up about it but more often than not, they will be the ones criticised for it !

Promotions should do more to stop it but they don't want to rock the boat and in many cases they are the worse culprits as they protect their ticket sellers by giving them idiots who turn-up to make-up the number and get a few hundred quid in the process

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    Well it actually does

Even though you are trolling, fact of the matter is that can crushers are only kidding themsleves and hurting the scene as a whole.

Chances are if you get to the UFC by not beating anyone with a winning record or by beating a mix of the "journeymen" who turn up for a pay day. Then you will most probably get horribly exposed in the big show.

More people should speak-up about it but more often than not, they will be the ones criticised for it !

Promotions should do more to stop it but they don't want to rock the boat and in many cases they are the worse culprits as they protect their ticket sellers by giving them idiots who turn-up to make-up the number and get a few hundred quid in the process
    Highlighting this point made by Ian,

Karl Etherington. Has fought a who's who of nobodies on his mates cards. God knows how he got the call from Bellator but was left badly exposed in his first fight against another fighter who did himself no favours.

It depends on what way you look at it, if you go through some of the top 10-20 theres guys in there tbat have been can crushing big time some have gone 5-1 in last 2 years winning against complete bums and losing the fight against a level oppenent and yet remain a top ten fighter, laughable!
    Then I was a top 5 fighter 3 years ago had to have time out due to personal reasons and having 2 kids! I wanted to make a come back, hadnt fought for two and a half years, decided to fight on my home show home town and was looking for a credable oppenent top 10-20 at a new weight of middle weight but every fighter contacted was "contracted" lol so had to find a foreign oppenent! we was offered erik cebarec who was coming off a loss to victor cheng and I accepted! In the mean time he then lost to mike ling! I was coming off the back of a 2 and a half year layoff and cutting to a new weight and took on a tuff oppenent and Iost! Now before the fight there was interest from promoters in my comeback and had I crushed a can and gone 9-2 mma universe 7-2 sherdog there would still be interest and hype, now I get offered fights at two weeks notice with shit purses you do the maths, uk mma is shit!

Quote Originally Posted by mad mike View Post
    It depends on what way you look at it, if you go through some of the top 10-20 theres guys in there tbat have been can crushing big time some have gone 5-1 in last 2 years winning against complete bums and losing the fight against a level oppenent and yet remain a top ten fighter, laughable!
    Then I was a top 5 fighter 3 years ago had to have time out due to personal reasons and having 2 kids! I wanted to make a come back, hadnt fought for two and a half years, decided to fight on my home show home town and was looking for a credable oppenent top 10-20 at a new weight of middle weight but every fighter contacted was "contracted" lol so had to find a foreign oppenent! we was offered erik cebarec who was coming off a loss to victor cheng and I accepted! In the mean time he then lost to mike ling! I was coming off the back of a 2 and a half year layoff and cutting to a new weight and took on a tuff oppenent and Iost! Now before the fight there was interest from promoters in my comeback and had I crushed a can and gone 9-2 mma universe 7-2 sherdog there would still be interest and hype, now I get offered fights at two weeks notice with shit purses you do the maths, uk mma is shit!
    You can't expect credible top 10-20 guys to want to fight on a 'home town' or 'local' show if they are fighting on better shows elsewhere, which higher production values and higher costs.

Especially nowadays when a lot of smaller 'hometown' shows don't even bother updating their records. If you are missing wins off your record you can also get it done yourself too.

PS. Also i asked your guy what purse you wanted and never heard back....

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Nathan-Thompson-49754
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mark-Aldridge-6284
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Craig-Allen-53555
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Danny-Welsh-49756

fighters considered to be opponents for record padders, if you look through this and they have common opponents you will be pretty close to the answer
    Last edited by Nimmy; 31-03-2013 at 12:13 PM.