Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The next Bamma event?

Hybrid View

Default The next Bamma event?

Seen something on twitter about Tom breeze and jack marshman both saying they were fighting in may, as they are both contracted to Bamma it's obviously Bamma there fighting on, how come they have yet to announce a date or venue or fights with it bein so close, i always think Bamma has the potential to be huge, but they seem to be very unprofessional the way they go about things.

The problem is that BAMMA have to wait for channel 5 to give the go ahead on when they can schedule it in, so off that BAMMA can book a venue and then release a fight card etc.

That dosen't explain why they had the same problem before they had the channel 5 deal?

channel 5 should be able to show it anytime really, just means the show 1 less steven seagal movie that day. Also if they have that tool from geordie shore on it i hope he gets kicked to fuck off a proper geordie at least the other sideshow boy was an actual fighter

Quote Originally Posted by kieron w View Post
    channel 5 should be able to show it anytime really, just means the show 1 less steven seagal movie that day. Also if they have that tool from geordie shore on it i hope he gets kicked to fuck off a proper geordie at least the other sideshow boy was an actual fighter
    I'm game
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    I'm game
    i'm sure you are Nathan lol.

Utilizzo it was a jokey comment with regard to the way channel 5 have at least 5 steven seagal movies a week not to do with the show, having judo jim and curt warburton as the main event televised was a great move because they are arguably the best guys outside the ufc and capable of holding their own should they get to the ufc, but do you not feel putting people like him from geordie shore on the show is detrimental to the sport, he either gets a can which no one wants to see or he gets legit fighter and gets demolished.

i would love to see him smashed to bits, but i would prefer to watch some evenly matched bouts and not have to go work on a monday and explain to my work colleagues that only have seen bamma that the level shown on the tv is not representative of the level of fighters we have in this country.

i would love to see him smashed to bits, but i would prefer to watch some evenly matched bouts and not have to go work on a monday and explain to my work colleagues that only have seen bamma that the level shown on the tv is not representative of the level of fighters we have in this country.
    I really would NOT like to FORMER Geordie Shore cast fighting on any show, let alone BAMMA who have a huge responsibility being on Channel 5. I have a good relationship with the MMA team at BAMMA and would not want to harm that, but I feel very strongly about seeing Jay fight on their bill. Being on Channel 5 is a great coup for the sport, but in achieveing that BAMMA have a responsibilty to represent the sport in the best possibly light. Putting on a celebrity death match would be totally insane and potentially ruinous to the UK scene. Jay might have clocked up 3-4 months in total mat time, which is barely enough for a decent amateur.
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

Kieron you are very opinionated from watching some edited tv on how someone is, jay is actually a really nice lad.
    Even the way you speak is narrow minded, and shows you don't really appreciate the art of fighting.
    Having him on the show would probably get at least a 50 percent increase in audience figures, and make bamma more money then any other show....apart from reid kong! I won't go there

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    Having him on the show would probably get at least a 50 percent increase in audience figures, and make bamma more money then any other show....apart from reid kong! I won't go there
    Increasing viewing figures etc is probably true, but that certainly doesn't make it correct. Will it represent the sport fairly? Is it safe? I guess a lot depends on rule sets etc, but then you could confuse the hell out of the viewing audience who most likely don't know the unified rules and scoring system. It could possibly prove to discredit the sport should anything go wrong. I think it actually discredits the sports and fellow professional fighters by saying after a few months of training you can compete at the highest domestic level. And that exists whether Jay fights well, poorly, wins, loses etc etc. if Jay is serious about a career as a pro fighter then he should tread the boards like so many others do. I'm not based in the NE, but I wonder how much mat time he's getting. Is he trying no gi, boxing, thai fights to prepare? Alex Reid is a very experienced martial artist so I'm not sure many strong comparisons can be made...that is if anyone was trying to make them.
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    Kieron you are very opinionated from watching some edited tv on how someone is, jay is actually a really nice lad.
    Even the way you speak is narrow minded, and shows you don't really appreciate the art of fighting.
    jay maybe a nice lad but he was prepared to be shown in that light for the sake of a bit of fame imo, so puts himself out there in the public eye so cant really complain if someone has an opinion, my partner watches the show so i've seen it, if he spent a lot of that time talking of mma or training some combat sports instead of possibly taking gear and trying to get massive and squeeze into a tight tops and give it large in my hometown i may give him a bit more credit.

if in 2 years after going on a tear in local shows he got on to bamma i would give him the respect he would of earned.

Having Steve Martin fight Vin Diesel in a cage would sell ppv but it wouldnt mean it was right.

And as for not appreciating the art of fighting your way off, its my appreciation of the art of fighting that means i dont want spectacle bouts put in at the expense of the people i've met through training mma for the last 8 years, the people who have put in the hours on the mat, in the cage or in the ring, the people i've trained with who have won national titles in thai, k1 and mma but didnt get the exposure cos their teenage and early 20's were spent training twice a day to fight on shows for next to nothing to get to the big time rather than jumping around nighclubs for a laugh then get an opportunity most fighters would jump at because of todays shitty showbiz culture.