Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The next Bamma event?

Default The next Bamma event?

Seen something on twitter about Tom breeze and jack marshman both saying they were fighting in may, as they are both contracted to Bamma it's obviously Bamma there fighting on, how come they have yet to announce a date or venue or fights with it bein so close, i always think Bamma has the potential to be huge, but they seem to be very unprofessional the way they go about things.

The problem is that BAMMA have to wait for channel 5 to give the go ahead on when they can schedule it in, so off that BAMMA can book a venue and then release a fight card etc.

That dosen't explain why they had the same problem before they had the channel 5 deal?

channel 5 should be able to show it anytime really, just means the show 1 less steven seagal movie that day. Also if they have that tool from geordie shore on it i hope he gets kicked to fuck off a proper geordie at least the other sideshow boy was an actual fighter

When a promotion is on a non mainstream tv channel or non at all, they can probably do what they want. Cage warriors isnt on any tv channel in this country so they can put on lots of shows coz it's one less thing to worry about. BAMMA may not put on lots of shows but when they do they are great events with great fight cards, and they are free on tv. No other ukmma organisation can say that. BAMMA are trying to give people the best possible fights for free, you might get a few weird fights but so does every other Mma promotion. They are all guilty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kieron w View Post
    channel 5 should be able to show it anytime really, just means the show 1 less steven seagal movie that day. Also if they have that tool from geordie shore on it i hope he gets kicked to fuck off a proper geordie at least the other sideshow boy was an actual fighter
    I'm game
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Utilizzo View Post
    When a promotion is on a non mainstream tv channel or non at all, they can probably do what they want. Cage warriors isnt on any tv channel in this country so they can put on lots of shows coz it's one less thing to worry about. BAMMA may not put on lots of shows but when they do they are great events with great fight cards, and they are free on tv. No other ukmma organisation can say that. BAMMA are trying to give people the best possible fights for free, you might get a few weird fights but so does every other Mma promotion. They are all guilty of it.
    Richard,

Those in the game understand you have TV commitments to Channel 5 and i'm sure it's very frustrating but BAMMA has suffered from inactivity in the past.

But to dismiss our shows by saying Cage Warriors "can put on lots of shows coz it's one less thing to worry about' is a little bit ignorant. Our shows are streamed live and shown live on TV overseas and our production at least matches that of BAMMA, whilst we organise shows around the British Isles and outside them too and the logistics behind that are immense.

I'm not going to argue over the rest of your post because everyone says they do the best shows and hyperbole in UK MMA right now is out of control and this isn't the time to add to it. That being said, i'm sure BAMMA want to put on good fights and i know the pressures you guys have as your product has additional pressures from above, which is par for the course for an org your size.

However in the age of social media, people are going to question what individuals, organisations and other entities do and when people close to your organisation are on social media platforms teasing and hinting about dates and potential fights then people are going to ask questions. I know this because we experience the same kind of thing too.
    Last edited by iandean; 01-04-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    I'm game
    i'm sure you are Nathan lol.

Utilizzo it was a jokey comment with regard to the way channel 5 have at least 5 steven seagal movies a week not to do with the show, having judo jim and curt warburton as the main event televised was a great move because they are arguably the best guys outside the ufc and capable of holding their own should they get to the ufc, but do you not feel putting people like him from geordie shore on the show is detrimental to the sport, he either gets a can which no one wants to see or he gets legit fighter and gets demolished.

i would love to see him smashed to bits, but i would prefer to watch some evenly matched bouts and not have to go work on a monday and explain to my work colleagues that only have seen bamma that the level shown on the tv is not representative of the level of fighters we have in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by kieron w View Post
    i would love to see him smashed to bits, but i would prefer to watch some evenly matched bouts and not have to go work on a monday and explain to my work colleagues that only have seen bamma that the level shown on the tv is not representative of the level of fighters we have in this country.
    I really would NOT like to FORMER Geordie Shore cast fighting on any show, let alone BAMMA who have a huge responsibility being on Channel 5. I have a good relationship with the MMA team at BAMMA and would not want to harm that, but I feel very strongly about seeing Jay fight on their bill. Being on Channel 5 is a great coup for the sport, but in achieveing that BAMMA have a responsibilty to represent the sport in the best possibly light. Putting on a celebrity death match would be totally insane and potentially ruinous to the UK scene. Jay might have clocked up 3-4 months in total mat time, which is barely enough for a decent amateur.
    Commentator: CWFC, Kayo MMA, Shock n Awe. SAFE MMA. johngooden.co.uk @johngoodenuk

that was the point i was trying to make, i would quite happily watch him get a clip in the street cos he looks a tool but not at the expense of the sport i love fair enough bringing in people from crossover combat sports but not some bloke who's famous for being a tosser on mtv.