Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok people, a video a lot of people have been waiting for from Budo FC 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bri View Post
    For what it`s worth I scored it like this.

Rogers rnd 1 (Subs attempts, and takedowns clinched it)

Lobov rnd 2 (Controlled the striking, sub attempts clinched it as the rest was even)

Lobov rnd 3 (Lobov had dominant positions on the floor but that round was close).
    Agree with that
    Last edited by sol_dave; 03-04-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Was a very very close fight I actually thought it was a draw when I watched it live so gonna have a look at it again now and see if I change my mind...

Re-match not really gonna happen any time soon tho, afaik Saul wants to fight LW's and move up the rankings at his new weight

A year and a half too late... posted earlier (like a week after the fight like most) then a rematch could have happened.

Good close fight.

Enjoyed Sledge's commentating.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Was Sandy Holt a judge or was he just time keeping?
    Last edited by Ralph; 03-04-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Third's close but Lobov nicked it for me.
    You're talking razor thin margins though.
    There's a case for a few different scores in Round 3 logically but a fight can have a completely different feel live than for those watching via video.

29-28 Artem if you're asking. 1 Rogers 2,3 Lobov
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Ever so slightly mental illegalhunter's Avatar

Lobov got robbed
    They guy who invented Burpees , is a secret child molester

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Was Sandy Holt a judge or was he just time keeping?
    Both, he has done all 3 events, he has MC'd MMA shows and has good knowledge, funnily enough, he was the one judge who scored it 29-28 to Lobov.

You where there?... PM who you are lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Both, he has done all 3 events, he has MC'd MMA shows and has good knowledge, funnily enough, he was the one judge who scored it 29-28 to Lobov.

You where there?... PM who you are lol.
    He was doing both at the same time?
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

He was keeping an eye on the chap next to him so effectively yes because the timekeeper no showed.

A draw would be fair but I thought Artem had rounds 2 and 3 and Saul round 1 but as a lot of posters say things always tend to look different on video. I think it's a bit like watching a band live and then watching the video; or comparing the feel of an on-line lecture with one delivered live. When human beings are physically all in the same room, things just have a different feel to them in very undefinable ways - even if they are not actually directly interacting with each other. In this particular case, the commentary is an additional factor. Live you're not being swayed by the opinions of two alleged experts both offering you their interpretation of what you're seeing. I wouldn't therefore go so far as to say that Artem was robbed but with the benefit of hindisght, it might be fair to say he was unlucky not to have got the win
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with