Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 UK&Ire Cornermen for the biggest fight of your life, who would they be?

Default 2 UK&Ire Cornermen for the biggest fight of your life, who would they be?

The answers of this question cannot be someone that is associated with anyone in your team or anyone that you have an association with as it's not a popularity contest to see who has the most mates etc.

Set the stage, you have a title fight on the biggest show in the world and can pick any 2 guys from the UK&Ire you like (apart from your mates, coach, gym owner etc)

Who would you pick?

Here's my picks:

John Kavanagh
    Karl Tanswell
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

You would only need one:

Antonio
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Ian Dean as a statician because he knows everything about everyone, and Danny Welsh purely because he has probably fought them.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Doolan and McVeigh, pmsl all the way to the hospital
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

one thing you get to see/hear at close hand when you work shows is corner work. I guess a lot depends on your personality who fits you best

Kavanagh comes across to me like a Greg Jackson type very calm and assured, excellent

The Maguire brothers aren't afraid of telling it straight.

Paul Rimmer very technical also very loud!

Brian Adams, full of encouragement seems to also work on the other fighters mindset "He's doesn't like that etc"

Obviously there are loads of good corners but those are some that have caught my attention

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    one thing you get to see/hear at close hand when you work shows is corner work. I guess a lot depends on your personality who fits you best

Kavanagh comes across to me like a Greg Jackson type very calm and assured, excellent

The Maguire brothers aren't afraid of telling it straight.

Paul Rimmer very technical also very loud!

Brian Adams, full of encouragement seems to also work on the other fighters mindset "He's doesn't like that etc"

Obviously there are loads of good corners but those are some that have caught my attention
    Play by the rules Dave, give the 2 names you would pick
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

One think i find very interesting is listening to people corner, we have some great ones in the UK, then some complete dogshit.

Obviously, Ill always say the Colosseum have good corners

But others are JK, Rimmer, Tan, Scanno, Tanswell, any of the DNFT guys all work a corner very well IMO

Team Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    Play by the rules Dave, give the 2 names you would pick
    as an independent I take a kid with glasses and jeans on holding a mini orange juice and my girlfriends brother texting on his phone

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    as an independent I take a kid with glasses and jeans on holding a mini orange juice and my girlfriends brother texting on his phone
    hahhahahahahaha, ive seen worse mate

Team Colosseum

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Alexis from LS once told me he heard a cornerman shout 'use the force!'
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'