Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 UK&Ire Cornermen for the biggest fight of your life, who would they be?

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    One think i find very interesting is listening to people corner, we have some great ones in the UK, then some complete dogshit.

Obviously, Ill always say the Colosseum have good corners

But others are JK, Rimmer, Tan, Scanno, Tanswell, any of the DNFT guys all work a corner very well IMO
    Def agree with Widge, Colosseum guys are great to have in your corner. I had the honour at a couple of fights and they were excellent.

As an independant fighter who very rarely shows up with a decent corner crew (if any) I can hand on heart say it makes a HUGE difference having someone there who knows what there doing and understands whats going on from outside the cage. I reckon they have as big influence on the outcome of the fight as the fighter themselves.

I have had a fair few random people help in my corner and have heard some outrageous advice from within the cage lol

"TRY KNOCK HIM OUT" and "DONT GIVE HIM YOUR BACK" are my favourites
    Last edited by DanWelsh; 03-04-2013 at 07:47 PM.
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

I'd for people like Jimmy Boogaloo and Blue Rabbit, at least that way I'd be laughing as I got my face smashed in...ooh or Black Dog, only if I was up against a can and knew I was going to last at least 2 minutes, he could regale me with a story then as I got my face smashed in...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

One of the best people i've personally seen corner people is Alex Enlund. Have commentated quite a few of his fighters fights and every time i think i've mentioned it.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

I heard a coach shout "punch him in the nose" not so long ago that had me in stitches, and i remember about 2 years ago a mate of mine (more of a street fighter/unlicensed boxer than mma coach) who's very good mates with Tony Moran was helping with Tony's corner and advised him to "Bite his fuckin nose off" and "fuckin butt him" obviously Tony being the gentleman he is totally ignored his pals advise and continued to knee and elbow his opponent against the cage for the remaining of the fight.
    Last edited by $candalous; 04-04-2013 at 12:56 AM.
    www.KAOBON.com www.AUTOSTYLEALLOYWHEELS.CO.UK www.BODYFUEL.COM www.ASSECURITYLIMITED.COM

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    I'd for people like Jimmy Boogaloo and Blue Rabbit, at least that way I'd be laughing as I got my face smashed in...ooh or Black Dog, only if I was up against a can and knew I was going to last at least 2 minutes, he could regale me with a story then as I got my face smashed in...
    'go on evzy mate, seriously, you're ok! bwahahaha'
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by $candalous View Post
    I heard a coach shout "punch him in the nose" not so long ago that had me in stitches, and i remember about 2 years ago a mate of mine (more of a street fighter/unlicensed boxer than mma coach) who's very good mates with Tony Moran was helping with Tony's corner and advised him to "Bite his fuckin nose off" and "fuckin butt him" obviously Tony being the gentleman he is totally ignored his pals advise and continued to knee and elbow his opponent against the cage for the remaining of the fight.
    That is brilliant!
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum