Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need a TUF fan to answer my question...

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Seconded.

Racist.
    You see this is the day and age we all live in where any unorthodox comment can be classed as racist. I have plenty of friends that are either mixed race or none white and I have stood by them a number of times against idiot racists when we was youths also my grandparents both fought against the Nazis one of them giving up his life for this great country so we can all enjoy our freedom. Call me any name you wish but the racist card just don't stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Hugely over rated at this stage plus Chris Weidman already beat him looks like he had a 3 fight win streak that got him on the show. Heavy hands? yes but a monster? I have my doubts just looks like a another angry black man from the ghetto to me in the wannabe Tyson mould.

And Sonnen telling him he is a contender in his division when he isn't even out of the show is way over the top I reckon he is gonna come unstuck very soon.
    Dont think anyone is saying he is going to destroy everyone in the MW division, Chael will just be adding to his confidence and making him believe in himself. I think he has the ability to stay in the UFC after but its hard to see at what level. Chris Weidman beating you is not the end of the world seeing as he is next facing possibly the P4P no. 1 in the world!

Any race can be angry and white people also can live in ghettos so you saying that about him being black is a bit ignorant and what's wrong wanting to be a wannabe Tyson?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    Dont think anyone is saying he is going to destroy everyone in the MW division, Chael will just be adding to his confidence and making him believe in himself. I think he has the ability to stay in the UFC after but its hard to see at what level. Chris Weidman beating you is not the end of the world seeing as he is next facing possibly the P4P no. 1 in the world!

Any race can be angry and white people also can live in ghettos so you saying that about him being black is a bit ignorant and what's wrong wanting to be a wannabe Tyson?

Just feel his hype is a bit much at this stage.

And I see how it comes across as ignorant and I couldn't be more sorry for that as racists are one thing I have no time for. Guess I need to cut down on the black movies I watch as thats where I get my lingo from Black guys saying it to each other in movies.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 04-04-2013 at 03:31 PM.

get your own lingo then and stop copying from films!
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    get your own lingo then and stop copying from films!
    So its Ok for 2 black men to say things to each other or to a white person yet If that white or none black person speaks the same word as them Its racist? I have had this debate with friends before and It never gets solved lol.

Personally I think a racist is somebody who treats somebody different because of race or skin colour which I have not done.

I was getting at the hype they are building and his story by what I said I mean it has been used far to much in the fight game and is nothing new.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 04-04-2013 at 03:37 PM.

So its Ok for 2 black men to say things to each other or to a white person yet If that white or none black person speaks the same word as them Its racist?
    No it's not OK for 2 people to say offensive racist words/terms to somebody of a different race, nor is it right the other way around.

Personally I think a racist is somebody who treats somebody different because of race or skin colour which I have not done.
    Wrong.

I work with guys on the door who are blatantly racist but yet don't treat me any different to the white guy next to me. They're also gutless as fuck and wouldn't say half the things I hear them say to peoples faces.

If you have never experienced racism, you will never 'get it'. You can talk about it all you want - you will never understand it.

Back to the thread - not watched TUF but a few of the things said about him being overhyped is how I feel about Michael Page.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

It depends what word you are saying I guess.

Everyone has a story and all they are doing is telling it, as it is TV as stories sell and make good TV.

You were generalising a bit though!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    No it's not OK for 2 people to say offensive racist words/terms to somebody of a different race, nor is it right the other way around.

Wrong.

I work with guys on the door who are blatantly racist but yet don't treat me any different to the white guy next to me. They're also gutless as fuck and wouldn't say half the things I hear them say to peoples faces.

If you have never experienced racism, you will never 'get it'. You can talk about it all you want - you will never understand it.

Back to the thread - not watched TUF but a few of the things said about him being overhyped is how I feel about Michael Page.
    You don't know know if I have experienced racism. And I think you should mention to these work mates that you don't like what they say and it offends you and if you hear them saying anything like that again you are going to get very upset. Personally in a job like yours I could in no way watch somebodys back who I knew for a fact was a bad racist as you get seen with these guys and they are your so called brothers who are supposed to be watching your back. Fuck that man sounds like your on the wrong door.

You defo can't be racist if your grandparents fought the Nazis, lol... awesome logic.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    You defo can't be racist if your grandparents fought the Nazis, lol... awesome logic.
    Agreed shit example probs the worst of all time lol but was a fast response could give way better examples but dont see the need to get in to that.

but if I'm racist for saying that I could name 100s of African Americans who has said exactly the same without getting called a racist.