Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeroy Barnes worked fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Lol nice just annoys me the way he casually walks to the cage not a care in the world knowing he will be out in under a minute yet he gets paid for it.
    Funny thing is Leeroy didn't know who he was fighting until about 1 minute before he was called for his walk out, his opponent dropped out and Lee was the only person who answered the call, he came and filled a gap, if someone turns up to fight, puts the effort in and then is left without a fight, I'll do whatever I can possible to get him a match. Lee said he'd do it, he was medically cleared and knew who he would be fighting. Leeroy only re-appeared at the setting a little before his fight and after searching for him I informed him, the person who was most dissapointed was Leeroy, you can only beat who's put in front of you.

EDIT - PS Babycakes, the only reason you wanted to fight Lee Cage was to get an easy win, not because he 'disrespects' the sport or whatever you usually come out with.
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 05-04-2013 at 02:21 PM.

I have a few questions about this?

Is it a recent fight? If so I thought that Leeroy was contracted to BAMMA?
    Why did Leeroy take the fight with this guy; everybody within UKMMA know what a joke he is? I know Leeroy's record isn't great but surely he can't be that desperate for a "W"

Only just seen this!

Quote Originally Posted by GettingThere View Post
    I have a few questions about this?

Is it a recent fight? If so I thought that Leeroy was contracted to BAMMA?
    Why did Leeroy take the fight with this guy; everybody within UKMMA know what a joke he is? I know Leeroy's record isn't great but surely he can't be that desperate for a "W"
    No this was the fight before Leeroy was signed to BAMMA, the fight he had before he fought Jack Marshman which is why I did my best to get someone who would fill the gap. Leeroy took the fight to get paid as 99.9% of the MMA community would. Why is he desperate for a win, he's just beaten Matt Ewin, Micky Burns and Steve Watson who are capable/good fighters. Only people he's lost to are by decision to two ranked guys?

I can fully understand Leeroy needing to get paid and yes the vast majority (if not all) would have took the fight. I just thought that Leeroy was like 12-10 or something? So I thought he may be liking another "W" on his record that's all. That being said I know that Leeroy always comes to fight and has been in with some very good opposition.

A lot of people give Leeroy stick about the guys he fights but I honestly don't understand it...

Nobody mentions the guys he fought at the beginning of his career like McGurk and Radcliffe as an unknown but he goes into a fight with Paul Thompson with an 0-3 record, Thompson being 3-6 and beats him, fair match, he then fights Steve Fenwick as a 1-3 Pro... Given Fenwick was probably 3-10 at this point again a fair match, he then drops to 2-5, and fights Nasef Alganga who at the time was 0-2, little bit of an off match on paper. His next win then comes against Ben Abott who snapped Sherlock's hand off at the chance to fight a guy with a 3-6 record and gets handled. After losing to Warren Kee he fights Danny Welsh, last minute drop out and Danny stepped in, equal number of wins, Danny having more fights, Davey Parker being unbeaten at Amateur and Pro thought he'd beat a pro with a mediocre record and lost. Nathan Court then ASKS to fight Leeroy, he accepts, David Stone accepts the match with him, Lee Cage steps in last minute. He then goes on his current run of beating good fighters, I'm not Leeroy's best mate like but at the point in which he fought these guys they made a lot sense, bar a couple that were last minute stand ins I don't see what the problem is?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Funny thing is Leeroy didn't know who he was fighting until about 1 minute before he was called for his walk out, his opponent dropped out and Lee was the only person who answered the call, he came and filled a gap, if someone turns up to fight, puts the effort in and then is left without a fight, I'll do whatever I can possible to get him a match. Lee said he'd do it, he was medically cleared and knew who he would be fighting. Leeroy only re-appeared at the setting a little before his fight and after searching for him I informed him, the person who was most dissapointed was Leeroy, you can only beat who's put in front of you.

EDIT - PS Babycakes, the only reason you wanted to fight Lee Cage was to get an easy win, not because he 'disrespects' the sport or whatever you usually come out with.
    Had nothing to do with that been honest here didn't even want it on my record. Truth is I wanted to lay in to him and let him leave the cage with a few cuts for once.

And you go on like Leeroy is unbeatable truth is he is a blown up middleweight with suspect muscle gain. He is fairly well rounded not impressed by his boxing at all. Also think he picks his opponents very smartly I could name a few middleweights around his rank and below that I bet he would try his best to avoid.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 05-04-2013 at 03:44 PM.

A lot of people give Leeroy stick about the guys he fights but I honestly don't understand it...

Nobody mentions the guys he fought at the beginning of his career like McGurk and Radcliffe as an unknown but he goes into a fight with Paul Thompson with an 0-3 record, Thompson being 3-6 and beats him, fair match, he then fights Steve Fenwick as a 1-3 Pro... Given Fenwick was probably 3-10 at this point again a fair match, he then drops to 2-5, and fights Nasef Alganga who at the time was 0-2, little bit of an off match on paper. His next win then comes against Ben Abott who snapped Sherlock's hand off at the chance to fight a guy with a 3-6 record and gets handled. After losing to Warren Kee he fights Danny Welsh, last minute drop out and Danny stepped in, equal number of wins, Danny having more fights, Davey Parker being unbeaten at Amateur and Pro thought he'd beat a pro with a mediocre record and lost. Nathan Court then ASKS to fight Leeroy, he accepts, David Stone accepts the match with him, Lee Cage steps in last minute. He then goes on his current run of beating good fighters, I'm not Leeroy's best mate like but at the point in which he fought these guys they made a lot sense, bar a couple that were last minute stand ins I don't see what the problem is?
    Good post!
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Had nothing to do with that been honest here didn't even want it on my record. Truth is I wanted to lay in to him and let him leave the cage with a few cuts for once.
    It wouldn't get that far, you hit him once he'll fall down and tap. You wouldn't get the chance.

It wouldn't get that far, you hit him once he'll fall down and tap. You wouldn't get the chance.
    If I was a high level fighter id personally refuse to have it on my record as id say it does not do you any favours having him on there as quite frankly he is a complete joke. Now I know I say a few daft things on here light hearted may I add but id never dream of turning up and falling down as he does id be embarrassed to walk the streets I mean the man is all over youtube falling over like a little girl when he clearly is not hurt at all. Cant even believe the man gets paid for doing it and what makes it more scary is a few promoters rebook him Couldnt give a dam if he was the last point of call the only way to get rid of Muppets like him is to not book them so there for part of the blame must fall on a few of the untouchables.