Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Leeroy Barnes worked fight?

Grizzly you dont need 2 people to do a worked bout, it only takes one guy to plan a quick loss and the fight is worked, it really is that simple, the other opponent may not suspect a thing but the fight is still a worked bout!

I have footage of "the fall guy" dropping before even getting hit and i mean like the flurry of punches was just missing him and he drops and then curls up on the floor takes like one or two shot to his arms and the ref jumps in, job done.

the arm bar would have never happend as the fall guy would not let a fight go that far, as you see in the footage, also he was not even hurt all that was the play out for the fans lol

Bas rutten was once asked if he ever done a worked bout whilst in japan as they are known for them and he said never, the guy then said what about if your opponent has been paid to work the bout without your knowledge?

so unfortunatley for leeroy and 99.9% of the guys who have ever fought lee cage they too have been in worked bouts

But in relation to the title of the thread and the initial post from Sengoku, he was/is saying that Leeroy is part of a set up for an easy win.

Shit opponent, Yes.

Worked fight, No.

Leeroy would have gone in to do a job, it just so happens that the other guy didn't want to know.
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Lee is there to get money for that weeks drugs. Thats the reason he has left after being paid. The 'fight' means nothing to him. He has been feeding his habit using MMA/ boxing since atleast 2002
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Grizzly i appologize then mate as i did not read it like the original poster meant leeroy was in on it , i did not mean leeroy was in on the work just i know lee cage is, my bad, and yes coventrywarrior i was told similar but not sure about this as i was told this but wouild not like to say,

are people really getting 4-500 quid fighting on these little shows these days? if so, being an mma fighter sounds pretty decent
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    are people really getting 4-500 quid fighting on these little shows these days? if so, being an mma fighter sounds pretty decent
    400-500??... I can be honestly say nobody got paid near it. It wasn't a little show either, it sold out 650-700 tickets (including tables).

The fact that people like this are able to show up and get paid to not even try to fight when real fighters are taking a fight and giving their all at other promotions only to never see a penny just sums up why this sport's still generations away from being taken seriously by the masses.

Last minute fighters get paid to step up and keep a show together. 300- 500 isnt unheard of. Antonio makes a good living of it lol

Kieran, I agree
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    The fact that people like this are able to show up and get paid to not even try to fight when real fighters are taking a fight and giving their all at other promotions only to never see a penny just sums up why this sport's still generations away from being taken seriously by the masses.
    Does this not happen in boxing though and would you consider that taken seriously by the masses?

i do agree that it isnt right but would say its a neccesary part to stop shows going downhill.
    Boxing Equipment - train hard - fight easy