Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cage Contender/ John Ferguson not paying Fighters & Staff

Quote Originally Posted by danhardy84 View Post
    i don't know but has anyone perhaps thought, maybe the guy spent to much money paying Paul Daley ( i'd assume he wouldn't get away not paying him!! ) and thats why everyone else has been screwed ??? Interesting thought.
    I'm sure that would have added to it but people have not been paid from at least 2 years ago, that is not an oversight or an error. That is calculated fraud.

I think Paul (or his management/representatives) have confirmed that he was paid for the event and looked after well during his stay.

That maybe took things over the edge?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

I know that he didn't pay Ivan Salverry's flight when he came over to fight Fraser Opie.

I have now received 50 from John on Monday, Im currently waiting to hear from Chris McDonald to see if he has been paid yet.
    WWW.KAOBON.COM / WWW.INNERARMOUR.CO.UK

Originally Posted by Feared Fightwear
    As one of the main sponsors of Cage Contender 16 I paid John Ferguson 600 and he couldnt even provide me with a table to have a stall to sell my goods at the show. When I asked for one the reply I got was 'I dont have time for this'. I left the arena as I felt I would get myself in trouble but John, you ************************************* you won't get away with it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...7#post84063827
    Actions speak louder then words......The Inexperienced Naive Dictator .......#No23

Been around a while in the UK and this is the first I've heard of a large show consistently not paying/fobbing people off.
    Its a shit situation for everybody, we all know how poor the margins are for fighters and staff. Cash flow problems can of course happen and if it happened to a cage warriors/ucmma/ommac or any long standing show I think most people would try and be patient and understanding. Whats clear with John and CC is this sort of thing has been going on, on a smaller scale for years.... so it is completely inexcusable. This reaction and all the people coming out the woodwork is beautiful karma

It's a real shame its taken so long for people to come out and talk about it

Another thing I will say is I worked clan wars not to long ago in Belfast. Venue was full , I was paid flights and wage before the event even started, picked up and dropped off at the airport and put up in a lovely room. What I wouldn't want is people to avoid the Irish scene all together because from what I've seen there are some stand up guys out there.... I think it's clear who to avoid
    Last edited by sol_dave; 09-04-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Don't get me mistaken. I've fought on Irish shows for years & always been treated good. I think Clan Wars went that lil bit extra, booked all mine & teams flights, picked us up, provided us with scales to check weight for a cut. Paid as soon as I left the cage, sorted everything else out for. Probably the best show in Ireland. Paul has always been in contact with me to this day & had asked my advice if anything needs to be improved & I don't think I had an answer.

So as above don't let this put you off Irish mma, some great shows. Also Battlezone, Chaos, Immortal etc have all been great to work with.
    WWW.KAOBON.COM / WWW.INNERARMOUR.CO.UK

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/

This really is everywhere at the minute
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Seems to be a fair few people Barry Oglesby et al saying they have now been paid in full. I hope everyone gets sorted out soon. MMA gets enough bad press as it is
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Default Re

Quote Originally Posted by coventrywarrior View Post
    Seems to be a fair few people Barry Oglesby et al saying they have now been paid in full. I hope everyone gets sorted out soon. MMA gets enough bad press as it is
    I received what I am owed by wire transfer this morning. Grateful to those who have intervened try and get people paid.

Its shame it had to come to a fe positive articles to get things moving but on the other hand its good for the people involved they are now being paid
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President