Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Fletcher has been cut from the UFC

Personas stand for shit (Mike, Babycakes)... This is a fighting sport. I like the gimmick but that doesn't warrant him staying with the UFC, in his 2 fights he hasn't performed which is a shame because he's a good fighter, he will know this, he'll come back, win a few and get another call.

i see a lot of people talking about him only having 1 UFC fight, but the finale counts too.
    at this time, where the ufc are cutting a lot, if you go 0-2 in your first 2 bouts, what more do you expect?
    colin is a legend, wish he didn't get cut, but now it's on to cage warriors to capture their title !! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Personas stand for shit (Mike, Babycakes)... This is a fighting sport. I like the gimmick but that doesn't warrant him staying with the UFC, in his 2 fights he hasn't performed which is a shame because he's a good fighter, he will know this, he'll come back, win a few and get another call.
    Disagree I think entertainment plays a huge part in the sport look at Sonnon.

Personality matter if you keep winning, or have barn stormer fights...

Sadly Colin hasn't quite achieved that as yet, I think he will make it back to the UFC, lad has talent, just this time it didn't quite happen for him for whatever reason.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

The last two comments...

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Disagree I think entertainment plays a huge part in the sport look at Sonnon.
    The problem is Sonnen has been able to back it up, he makes a lot of money from the UFC, beats people and is a legit contender, whether he wins is another the story. (Middleweight division)

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Personality matter if you keep winning, or have barn stormer fights...

Sadly Colin hasn't quite achieved that as yet, I think he will make it back to the UFC, lad has talent, just this time it didn't quite happen for him for whatever reason.
    Personality does matter if you keep winning yes, sadly he hasn't, OR if you have barn stormers, which unfortunately he hasn't I agree, Dan Hardy is a great example as to why he was allowed to remain employed at 0-4 because his fights were fucking awesome. This will be a good experience for him and he'll be back a lot stronger.

Real shame that, Colin is a lot more talented than he showed in his two outings there. If there cutting dudes like Etim and Sass who had win bonus' and been involved in some great fights then it comes as no suprise.

Getting there is only half the battle, staying there is going to be every bit as hard.

Shame for Colin, although now that he has been cut, I'd like to see him back in BAMMA to mix it with the likes of Warburton, Ray, Sinclair.

I think Fletcher was a breath of fresh air, hopefully he can get back to winning ways and the UFC will give him another chance.
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com

Colins very entertaining,great fighter and comes across a great guy too-but agree with the UFC being brutal lately and shouldnt really be too shocking when you think of the other exciting & established UK Fighters they've cut recently.

On local shows he brings it pushes forward and swings...but in the UFC he looked restrained didn't look like he wanted to really hurt someone.
    Seems a great guy, but if your not going forward or bringing it, there are a few million others who will.
    As a brand you can't blame the UFC they can afford to do it, we the fans want action.