Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Fletcher has been cut from the UFC

How many fights would Colin need to win before getting another shot though?, some people saying a couple?. It's highly unlikely that 2 fights would get him back in there unless they were against really good opponents and he finished them.

Look at Curt Warburton, he has had 5 fights and 5 wins and fights Rob Sinclair next at BAMMA (if that is defo going ahead?), so that will be 6 fights since leaving the UFC. Rob Sinclair himself is knocking at the door. Then you got the likes of Etim, Sass and Winner who will be looking to get back in after being cut. Along with that there are some who have yet to sample the UFC like Stapleton (exc TUF), Ray and Newman.

In the UK and the UFC it is a very stacked division and what it tells us is that the UFC don't fancy the UK fighters as LW's very much.

I am just trying to be realistic and provide an opinion and insight into this situation
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    It will only thrive if the guys that get cut fight each other or highly ranked fighters, if they get cut and fight bums then UKMMA doesn't get anything back
    Raises a serious point, a few very talentred guys been cut recently.
    Whilst it would be great for the domestic scene if promoters could get these guys fighting each other, is it the fighters best interests?
    Do they want competitive fights & risk a loss, or just looking for low-risk fights to build towards a return to the Octagon?

My guess is most would look to headline their local shows against lesser foreign opposition. The guys wont be getting anywhere near the money offered by the UFC so if they can sell 100 tickets to their local show it may raise another grand for them?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

How many fights would Colin need to win before getting another shot though?, some people saying a couple?. It's highly unlikely that 2 fights would get him back in there unless they were against really good opponents and he finished them.

Look at Curt Warburton, he has had 5 fights and 5 wins and fights Rob Sinclair next at BAMMA (if that is defo going ahead?), so that will be 6 fights since leaving the UFC. Rob Sinclair himself is knocking at the door. Then you got the likes of Etim, Sass and Winner who will be looking to get back in after being cut. Along with that there are some who have yet to sample the UFC like Stapleton (exc TUF), Ray and Newman.

In the UK and the UFC it is a very stacked division and what it tells us is that the UFC don't fancy the UK fighters as LW's very much.

I am just trying to be realistic and provide an opinion and insight into this situation
    All he can do is win fights and finish guys, like he has already been doing in his professional career. The UFC wants exciting fighters which is why they cut Fitch at their 1st possible oportunity. Colins 2 fights weren't easy on the eye or exciting but he has stepped up a level so he's not going to be submitting everyone in the 1st round. The fact that he is such a likeable guy may help him get back if he wins his next 4-5 fights but ultimately it is about winning his fights in impressive fashion. The UFC are in a position now to be choosey on who they sign, rather than signing anyone with an impressive record. Ideally they want guys like Nelson & McGregor who can potentially be contenders

Not speaking about Colin here as I am a fan of his but I do feel there has been a few English lads let in the ufc who are simply not at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Not speaking about Colin here as I am a fan of his but I do feel there has been a few English lads let in the ufc who are simply not at that level.
    Who? you mean through the TUF process or standard UFC?

You can't pass a comment like that and not explain who your referring to.
    sick of the bullshit !

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthbetold View Post
    You can't pass a comment like that and not explain who your referring to.
    Naa man im not that harsh but im sure everyone has a opinion.

Who? you mean through the TUF process or standard UFC?
    Both mate and all I mean is they looked good over here but didn't step up when needed which I would say puts them a level below.

Naa man im not that harsh but im sure everyone has a opinion.
    You clearly think that some people shouldn't have been there or didn't perform therefore should be able to provide the names to back your opinion up. I may agree with you but for the sake of discussion and debate you should name them