Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Fletcher has been cut from the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    You clearly think that some people shouldn't have been there or didn't perform therefore should be able to provide the names to back your opinion up. I may agree with you but for the sake of discussion and debate you should name them
    Ok I will name one then you Ill go first.

rob broughton
    Last edited by Babycakes; 10-04-2013 at 06:17 PM.

I like Rob Broughton; he is a good fighter but like a lot of others he went to the UFC from Wolfslair and about 4 years ago if the UFC were looking at signing a British Fighter Wolfslair seemed to be their go to destination.

Quote Originally Posted by GettingThere View Post
    I like Rob Broughton; he is a good fighter but like a lot of others he went to the UFC from Wolfslair and about 4 years ago if the UFC were looking at signing a British Fighter Wolfslair seemed to be their go to destination.
    The only reasons UK fighters are in the UFC is because it helps build relations for home country ufc events.

Name me ONE english fighter in the UFC or should be in the UFC right now who has any chance of a title in any weight class????? Or at least beating most of the TOP competition in their weightclass besides Bisping.

In my books the only people deserving of being in the UFC as legit contenders are BISPING ( although i believe he will never be good enough for the TITLE until someone average has it ) , PEARSON i find interesting but not good enough for a TITLE and PICKETT is still :S too me . That is it.

Colin lost to who??? Mills lost to riddle....Hardy lost to a almost retired Lytle his best win is probably an average SWICK.....my point being most uk fighters just dont cut it lets face it. The only guy who has made a stake to being a legit contender is Bisping but even he gets found out near the top level but i hope he can find adjustments in his standup to stop getting KO'd as his wrestling against sonnen really impressed......so in truth who deserves to be in the UFC ???? Most guy gets wins at european level but they aren't UFC level. Paul Daley is a guy who also could get in the mix if he was more discaplined but doubt UFC will have him again. Point is there are too few REAL UFC quality fighters.

also rob brought...philip de fries.... waste of being in the HW division i remember watching the unskilled borefest of their fight on UFC birmingham was awful and both seemed to gas like anything.

Quote Originally Posted by danhardy84 View Post
    The only reasons UK fighters are in the UFC is because it helps build relations for home country ufc events.

Name me ONE english fighter in the UFC or should be in the UFC right now who has any chance of a title in any weight class????? Or at least beating most of the TOP competition in their weightclass besides Bisping.

In my books the only people deserving of being in the UFC as legit contenders are BISPING ( although i believe he will never be good enough for the TITLE until someone average has it ) , PEARSON i find interesting but not good enough for a TITLE and PICKETT is still :S too me . That is it.

Colin lost to who??? Mills lost to riddle....Hardy lost to a almost retired Lytle his best win is probably an average SWICK.....my point being most uk fighters just dont cut it lets face it. The only guy who has made a stake to being a legit contender is Bisping but even he gets found out near the top level but i hope he can find adjustments in his standup to stop getting KO'd as his wrestling against sonnen really impressed......so in truth who deserves to be in the UFC ???? Most guy gets wins at european level but they aren't UFC level. Paul Daley is a guy who also could get in the mix if he was more discaplined but doubt UFC will have him again. Point is there are too few REAL UFC quality fighters.
    If the only fighters allowed in the UFC were possible title holders, there would be hardly any events per year and only a handful of fights on them.

Brad Pickett has been very close too. If he had beaten Eddie Wineland he would probably be getting another shot at Barao.

I do understand the point you're making though...

phil de fries fucking sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    How many fights would Colin need to win before getting another shot though?, some people saying a couple?. It's highly unlikely that 2 fights would get him back in there unless they were against really good opponents and he finished them.

Look at Curt Warburton, he has had 5 fights and 5 wins and fights Rob Sinclair next at BAMMA (if that is defo going ahead?), so that will be 6 fights since leaving the UFC. Rob Sinclair himself is knocking at the door. Then you got the likes of Etim, Sass and Winner who will be looking to get back in after being cut. Along with that there are some who have yet to sample the UFC like Stapleton (exc TUF), Ray and Newman.

In the UK and the UFC it is a very stacked division and what it tells us is that the UFC don't fancy the UK fighters as LW's very much.

I am just trying to be realistic and provide an opinion and insight into this situation
    why? because these guy fight fucking nobodies and if somehow get into the ufc they get exposed for having 0 wrestling and 0 ground game like che mills

curt sucks - just another shitty bamma level can crusher

Curt had a hard time of it in the UFC, a lot harder than the majority start off with.
    Debut fight.. Spencer Fisher, who's next fight after curt was Ross Pearson. Wha had maybe 6/7 fights before the fisher fight. But curt got him for debut. Few argue he was robbed of the W aswell

Jewtysko(bad spelling I know) unbeaten and had just knocked out Anthony njokunjani. Who is still in there if I am right

Then Joe Lauzon. Speaks for himself. Very legit. Maybe a couple fights too soon.

So he went 1-2 against a lot higher competition than the likes of fletcher and a few others and didn't get his 4th fight on his contract. Now 5-0 since being release. Hasn't really taken any damage in all 5 fights and has probly only lost 1 round in all them fights(strive ray fight 2nd round. So I think lw curt and Rob sinclare are the next 2 shouts they will make. Depending if they fight each other. Who ever gets the win gets the call I'm guessing

Quote Originally Posted by danhardy84 View Post
    Name me ONE english fighter in the UFC or should be in the UFC right now who has any chance of a title in any weight class????? Or at least beating most of the TOP competition in their weightclass besides Alistair Overeem.
    EDITED for you...

What?.... He was born in England hahahahaha.... Bisping has no chance.

Terry Etim is by far the most talented by fighter to be cut and I'm not just saying it 'cos he trains with me.

He went on a 4 fight win streak before being submitted by Dos Anjos. Terry had him in a guillotine and he was 2 breaths away from tapping (that's coming from his own coach). he then beat Faaloloto and was winning the Barbosa fight before he got caught with 'that' kick, 1 mistake can cost you at that level.

His last fight he just didn't look himself. It was no surprise to me he got cut based on his results but his skill level is good enough to make him a contender.

Someone posted a list of top 20 LW's unsigned by the UFC the other day, Terry would walk through the lot of them. Several of them in that list are his team mates and even they will tell you how good he is.
    http://www.kaobon.com/

It can't be bargained with! It can't be reasoned with! It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.