Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Fletcher has been cut from the UFC

^ I know what you're saying, but it doesn't matter how close you are from winning, until your hand gets raised, I'm not arguing your point its just a pet hate when people say 'he was pissing the fight, he just got caught and knocked the fuck out'. Faaloloto was an easy fight.

I think he'll be back in no time providing he can get the right fights, I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator knocked on his door.

i THINK danhardy84 raised SOME very VALID points IN his POST on this DISCUSSION form
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Quote Originally Posted by FELLA View Post
    Terry Etim is by far the most talented by fighter to be cut and I'm not just saying it 'cos he trains with me.

He went on a 4 fight win streak before being submitted by Dos Anjos. Terry had him in a guillotine and he was 2 breaths away from tapping (that's coming from his own coach). he then beat Faaloloto and was winning the Barbosa fight before he got caught with 'that' kick, 1 mistake can cost you at that level.

His last fight he just didn't look himself. It was no surprise to me he got cut based on his results but his skill level is good enough to make him a contender.

Someone posted a list of top 20 LW's unsigned by the UFC the other day, Terry would walk through the lot of them. Several of them in that list are his team mates and even they will tell you how good he is.
    I would tend to agree that technically Terry is very very good but I think his issue is more to do with applying himself, due to whatever it maybe in his life (time, money or personal circumstance) and that sells him short.

I would be interested to see that list of LW fighters outsude the UFC if you can remember when you had seen it?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Sengoku View Post
    phil de fries fucking sucks
    At least De fries has a legit ground game I mean sure in his fights his chin has been exposed but I'm sure with a little time he can build a decent enough game on his feet just needs a year or so imo to work on it for top level. I mean honestly how many Heavyweights have we produced in this country to make ufc level with a Advanced ground game like De fries since Freeman.

And im not just sticking up for the north east lads as out of order I may be but Ogle is another who was allowed a shot at the big time to soon his last fight was a guy on a 3 fight losing streak who had a padded to fuck record before that.

Which brings me to my point padding your guys records are harming them in the long run as they dont know what hit them when they are made to face legit opponents when they get on the big show.

Far to many chasing quick money and not looking at the bigger picture. The real money is fighting lots in the big show not just a 4 or 5 fight and kicked.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 11-04-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    I would be interested to see that list of LW fighters outsude the UFC if you can remember when you had seen it?
    Haha you made the thread

http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/s...he-LW-division
    http://www.kaobon.com/

It can't be bargained with! It can't be reasoned with! It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by FELLA View Post
    I thought you meant that there was an article done on a MMA news site about top 20 LW's outside the UFC?. My thread was just to point out there could be lots of good fights made within the UK given the recent spate of UFC cuts
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    I thought you meant that there was an article done on a MMA news site about top 20 LW's outside the UFC?. My thread was just to point out there could be lots of good fights made within the UK given the recent spate of UFC cuts
    All they care about is getting back in the UFC and that idiot Dana white planting seeds telling them to pad records so of course they will try avoid each other which is why somebody needs to get there act together and force them to fight. As if you can some how arrange these uk super fights your sport will grow.

I think some of them will fight decent guys but just maybe not each other?. We won't know until matches get sorted. It will be pretty obvious if they start to fight guys who are not even in the Rankings or near the bottom.

There will be loads of fights for them around Europe and places like Russia, it's just whether they will want to go to places like that or fight the best in Europe

In a way I dont blame them from a point of view in them wanting to feed and care for there familys its just a shame the fans lose out because of Dana fucking white.

I don't think its Dana's fault, simply put the cream will always rise to the top one way or another. There is an abundance of decent but not great fighters in all countries, the UFC cannot house them all, it will use a percentage especially dependant on if it visits that country for an event. Beyond that, the only ones who will get long term job security are those that either have exciting fights or win a lot more than they lose.

Yes the UK has some decent fighters who have been cut but, without being harsh, are they any better than those on the current roster with better winning records, in some cases no, in some cases maybe - and those maybe's are the ones who need a few wins to get them back in there.

Padding a record might get a fighter to the UFC, but only talent will keep them there.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.