Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 98

Thread: Colin Fletcher has been cut from the UFC

  1. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sengoku View Post
    why? because these guy fight fucking nobodies and if somehow get into the ufc they get exposed for having 0 wrestling and 0 ground game like che mills

    curt sucks - just another shitty bamma level can crusher
    Bit out of order to be honest, sucks is not a term to use on a fighter of Curtis quality, could be brilliant.
    De fries is developing moved away to become better, can't knock guys who live and breath mma

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Not the real DAN
    Posts
    152

    Default

    did someone just talk about philip de fries legit ground game....did you not see his god awful takedown attempt on mitrione....is that high level ???? wrestling is a big part of 'ground game' which he does not have either ! having a belt in jiu jitsu doesn't make a top quality fighter period ! Marcello Garcia lost to who ????? All because the guy trained defence against RNC !

    UK fighters must strive to keep going and working hard however people shouldn't all cry about being cut and why was i cut. You don't want to be cut then WIN. End of the day do you want to be in the UFC to be champion or to lose against non ranked opponents for a payday and kudos of saying i am in the ufc .......

    Too many people are hyped up. UFC truly has some of the best talent in MMA and even people like Hector Lombard with a ridiculous record PRE UFC got found out by mid-tier opposition !! UK fighters do not have the all round game it's the truth and people need to stop jumping on the bandwagon of oooh mate you shouldn't of been cut, oh your real good ....soon as this thread started about colin and no offence to this really nice lad here we go.

    Loss 8–3 Mike Ricci Decision (unanimous) UFC 158 16 March 2013 3 5:00 Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Loss 8–2 Norman Parke Decision (unanimous) UFC on FX: Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson 15 December 2012 3 5:00 Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia Lost TUF: The Smashes Lightweight final
    Win 8–1 Jason Ball Decision (unanimous) BAMMA 9 24 March 2012 3 5:00 Birmingham, United Kingdom
    Win 7–1 David Round Submission (guillotine choke) BAMMA 8 10 December 2011 1 2:13 Nottingham, United Kingdom
    Win 6–1 Igor Montes Submission (rear naked choke) Total Combat 42 17 September 2011 1 3:36 Sunderland, United Kingdom Defended Total Combat European Lightweight Championship
    Win 5–1 Myles Price Submission (rear naked choke) Total Combat 41 16 July 2011 2 4:40 Sunderland, United Kingdom Defended Total Combat European Lightweight Championship
    Loss 4–1 Dean Caldwell TKO (retirement) Total Combat 40 7 May 2011 2 1:28 Sunderland, United Kingdom For Total Combat British Welterweight Championship
    Win 4–0 Dean Mallam Submission (rear naked choke) Total Combat 34 1 May 2010 1 2:30 Sunderland, United Kingdom Won Total Combat European Lightweight Championship
    Win 3–0 Ronan McKay Submission (d'arce choke) Strike and Submit 13 28 February 2010 1 0:49 Gateshead, United Kingdom Won Strike and Submit British Welterweight Title
    Win 2–0 Matt Inman Submission (d'arce choke) Total Combat 32 21 November 2009 1 2:26 Sunderland, United Kingdom
    Win 1–0 Oliver Jones

    Who are these fighters ???? Are any of them world ranked hot prospects???? Then he lost too 2 more unranked opponents....but he deserves to stay in the UFC because ???? Do we want colin in the cage with frankie edgar..gray maynard...nate diaz...benson henderson... i know thats stupid saying that but can we all see the bigger picture....this isn;t personal and undoubtedly Colin if reading the forums or anything else yes it cannot be nice to see strangers who aint achieved shit discussing his or others downfalls..but thats the game and opinions are formed. We have to be realistic.

    My point about Bisping was look at his record....dropped close fight to Chael Sonnen..Rashad Evans..had a few decent wins...he can at least mix it with the top 10 there is not really any other uk guys who can.

  3. #73
    Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    6,442

    Default

    Love the high levels of disrespect from DanHardy84. In the post above you have literally disrespected 12 fighters, a couple of posts before stated that Brad Picket does not deserve to be in the UFC? Seriously?

    I don't know Brad, however he is probably the best hope the UK has of a title holder right now and deserves to be placed where he is (I don't count Overeem lol).

    Also the point about DeFries, now Phil is extremely good at one thing and is improving in other areas, fact is you could say that about many of the fighters outside the title picture, why is Phil viewed differently? The amount of Americans who get in on wrestling credentials alone renders your argument invalid there.

    All I am saying is have a bit of respect dude, can't we all just get along and support the UK fighters who get there?
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME


    "That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

  4. #74

    Default

    Dude's a dick. In his eyes James Samuda is the next big thing, no offence to James, he's a good fighter.

  5. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CraigSt.Clair View Post
    Love the high levels of disrespect from DanHardy84. In the post above you have literally disrespected 12 fighters, a couple of posts before stated that Brad Picket does not deserve to be in the UFC? Seriously?

    I don't know Brad, however he is probably the best hope the UK has of a title holder right now and deserves to be placed where he is (I don't count Overeem lol).

    Also the point about DeFries, now Phil is extremely good at one thing and is improving in other areas, fact is you could say that about many of the fighters outside the title picture, why is Phil viewed differently? The amount of Americans who get in on wrestling credentials alone renders your argument invalid there.

    All I am saying is have a bit of respect dude, can't we all just get along and support the UK fighters who get there?
    I also wish we could all get along you made some very good points and now its time to fire back and tell it how it is.

    Say what you want about De fries but he sure turned out the light on your southern stars in Stav Rob broughton and Thomson. He stepped up when the UK was looking for a Heavyweight and personally I admire the man for the way he conducted himself in the UFC ok he didn't get the luck most get but He trained his ass off and rolled the dice. Any of us could lose at any time by a quick knock out nobody is immune. Same with Colin he represented us very well on the Ultimate fighter and again fell short but he conducted Himself well and proved some of us can have a laugh and a joke in the UK. He also works very hard at what he does and I hardly know one person who does not like the guy.

    Maybe you should fuck off to America Dan as your that far up there ass they would welcome you in open arms. They may even promote you to blow job boy

    Here hand these out to get you started.

    BlowJobVouchersGayMenOnly2.jpg
    Last edited by Babycakes; 12-04-2013 at 11:04 AM.

  6. #76
    I'm Spartacus! jim2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clydebank
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    Even though I don't necessarily think that the best guys are in the UFC it only takes to look at a few (not all UK) like Corrasani, for example who have proved that with solid training and a gameplan can win you a very good fight. Also the likes of Vaughn Lee who didnt look that good domestically has gone in there and done some good stuff. When you get to the UFC things change for you and with the right training, team and financial support behind you can transform you into a different fighter.

    It's all about how much you can improve as a fighter once you get into the big league
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

  7. #77
    Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    6,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    I also wish we could all get along you made some very good points and now its time to fire back and tell it how it is.

    Say what you want about De fries but he sure turned out the light on your southern stars in Stav Rob broughton and Thomson. He stepped up when the UK was looking for a Heavyweight and personally I admire the man for the way he conducted himself in the UFC ok he didn't get the luck most get but He trained his ass off and rolled the dice. Any of us could lose at any time by a quick knock out nobody is immune. Same with Colin he represented us very well on the Ultimate fighter and again fell short but he conducted Himself well and proved some of us can have a laugh and a joke in the UK. He also works very hard at what he does and I hardly know one person who does not like the guy.

    Maybe you should fuck off to America Dan as your that far up there ass they would welcome you in open arms. They may even promote you to blow job boy

    Here hand these out to get you started.

    BlowJobVouchersGayMenOnly2.jpg
    Why you quoted me dude? Lol
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME


    "That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

  8. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CraigSt.Clair View Post
    Why you quoted me dude? Lol
    Ha ha Craig because I agreed with you. Think I had a blonde moment when I forgot to add the Dan quote.

  9. #79
    Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    6,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Ha ha Craig because I agreed with you. Think I had a blonde moment when I forgot to add the Dan quote.
    Lmao fair play, I read your post and was like, surely we have agreed?
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME


    "That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

  10. #80

    Default

    say what you will about your fav UK stand out fighter but truth is they'll get exposed for being weak in the grappling side. doesnt matter how many bamma level fighters they beat. still fucking suck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.