Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Colin Fletcher has been cut from the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Sengoku View Post
    say what you will about your fav UK stand out fighter but truth is they'll get exposed for being weak in the grappling side. doesnt matter how many bamma level fighters they beat. still fucking suck
    Who, in your eyes is the best unsigned (UFC) LW in the UK? and/or has the most potential to make it to the big show and stay there (within the next few years)?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

I think its unfair to dig out the UK guys that have been in the UFC. The organisation is very different now with the amount of fighters on the roster and until the UK make positive strides in the sport (which we will as it is still a reletively new sport this side of the pond) I don't think we will see the amount of UK fighters that there has been in the last few years. Guys like Broughton, winner, mills etc are all fcking good fighters, but the UFC can pick and chose the best and most exciting fighters in the worrd and has inroads to many more countries and markets in the last couple of years. Lets not forget that up until recently the UFC was also full of 'average' Canadians and US fighters

lol i should F*** off too america....i am really disrespectful???? Part of being a fan/enthusiast is being honest and realistic....i stand by most my words. yh i like James good guy he will do his thing dont know where i've said hes going to beat anderson silva or gsp or go to ufc or is the next big thing though :d .....I've disrespected x amount of fighters????? By what ???? Telling the truth????

Our football national side CHOKE SUCK and SUCK and have done since i can remember !! You all want to defend them aswell....talk about blow jobs LOL.....their is a difference between supporting your home guys and sucking them off like a lollypop and screaming blue murder because someone doesnt deserve to be cut or they are amazing when they are not....
    Also i don't recall stating and SINGLING out Brad Pickett actually if you read the context he was mentioned in the same breath as bisping and pearson....and possibly the only UK fighters really with a half chance in the UFC but I am still :S on whether he will take out the top guys yet that is all.

This thread was about colin being cut someone else brought up the fact of other fighters so i have just given my honest view.
    And phil de fries gosh he aint amazing in 1 area let alone the other. His jiu jitsu is the best thing he has but it aint top level !

Now if anyone wants to give a valid reason why colin deserves to be in the ufc besides the crazy style i am all ears. As this is what the thread started out of so if im wrong about everythings thats fine just give me facts about why im wrong about everything.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

And what qualifies your view then? You did attack every fighter on the list you put up of Colin's results by asking who they are, in fairness they are better known than you and have achieved more, but there we are.

I am frankly bored of you, so have fun I wont reply much more.
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

He calls himself dan hardy....says it all probably some spoty teen cunt.....

craig what qualifies your view???? Has a sports analyst or news columinist been world professional athletes...craig you are or was pro fighter i think not sure....but so because of that fact you have more right as a human being than me to have a view or be a critic ???

Don't reply no more you've made your view pretty obvious lad with this

" in fairness they are better known than you and have achieved more"

Where have i said i am a pro mma fighter or amazing or anything at all, where am i trying to say im better than colin or anyone on that list. I'm stating facts as a fan, simple as.

And to the guy underneath yeh im a spotty teenager because i was a fan of dans style.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

My view is to be respective not a little shit with people, we all have our crosses I suppose
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

I disagree with much of what Danhardy84 has said but this is a forum where we are all entitled to a view which are all relevant. He's been asked to name names and now he is getting grief because of it?

I've not got an issue with the british fighters that have been in the UFC, but then I respect anyone who has the ability and bottle to compete in a combat sport, especially mma as it is a lot rougher and tougher than my boxing/kickboxing background. On a European level the guys that have fought have been some of the best. If we are going to match them against the best US and brazilian fighters then in some ways I tend to agree with Dan, some of these guys are way out of their depth, but they are fighing the top guys in the world in 2 countries where the sport is far more advanced than it is over here. Pearson, Bisping and especially Pickett deserve to be fighting the top guys and they are all top 10 or on the fringe. 5-10 years down the line I expect that number to be higher.

Also though some of our fighters may not have had much success in the UFC almostr all of them have aquitted themselves. As mentioned earlier, Warburton dropped a close/controversial decision to Spencer Fisher. He has been in the UFC for yeatrs and has been one of the top LWs in his time. No shame in that at all!

It's boring agreeing all the time with everyone but if you have an opinion then that needs to be based on something. So long as everyone does that then I cant see a problem with that.

I would say that if I had to pick the fighters to represent the UFC from the UK it would be something like this:

Ross Pearson
    Rob Sinclair
    Curt Warburton
    Terry Etim
    Norman Parke

Also, down the line Steven Ray but not at the moment
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    It's boring agreeing all the time with everyone but if you have an opinion then that needs to be based on something. So long as everyone does that then I cant see a problem with that.

I would say that if I had to pick the fighters to represent the UFC from the UK it would be something like this:

Ross Pearson
    Rob Sinclair
    Curt Warburton
    Terry Etim
    Norman Parke

Also, down the line Steven Ray but not at the moment
    How can you justify leaving Bisping out just a question?