Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Fletcher has been cut from the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    in his 2 fights he hasn't performed which is a shame because he's a good fighter, he will know this, he'll come back, win a few and get another call.

This. Shame, but guy's are getting let go left,right and centre. People getting called up need to peform straight away or run the risk of being released.
    Last edited by mrj2020; 08-04-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Don't really say much here nowadays and being mindful of my position:

aside from Colin's show personality and image - he is a talented lad. But take all that aside for now he is one of the most genuine and nicest lads I have ever had the pleasure of refereeing and knowing both inside and outside of the UFC. I hope Colin can return to the big show soon. In my experience a thoroughly nice kid.
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

At this point in time, you can't be losing two fights in a row unless you are a bonafied main eventer.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Just out of sheer curiosity, which evil bastard rated this thread 5*??... God forbid someone is glad he got cut, dude is trying to earn a living for the family.

Just out of sheer curiosity, which evil bastard rated this thread 5*??... God forbid someone is glad he got cut, dude is trying to earn a living for the family.
    Not sure who put it at 5*?

My reasoning to start the thread was, as I had heard, so wanted to bring the subject up to discuss relevant points surrounding it. I am gutted for him as he is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet but like everything some will say the cut was justified and some will say he should have had more time
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Yeah I just wondered who it was, I've rated it at 1 to bring it down

bear in mind though that the thread is called "Colin Fletcher has been cut from the UFC" and nothing else. It was for information and discussion. Why should you rate at 1? Do you think that it is insignificant?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

No, I just don't like that someone has rated the thread at 5* in relation to him being released because the discussion hasn't necessarily been rife has it.

Kind of seen this coming with how ruthless the UFC are being at the moment. I have always loved watching Colin's fights but to be honest he didn't look his best in the UFC fights he had.

No, I just don't like that someone has rated the thread at 5* in relation to him being released because the discussion hasn't necessarily been rife has it.
    It was not likely to have a massive response just as the board on the whole hasn't been inundated with comments but it is still a big talking point within UKMMA and one that would warrant more than a 1*?

Remember it's a starring system not that you "like" what has happened. I'm sure more people will have their say once they come onto the board.