Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sherdog's Top 10 what could have beens...

Fedor was the greatest of his era; his time. You can't compare against today because he was dipping but that's a moot point.
    We have Dan Henderson who does easily combat for a best p4p place, given his length of MMA service and wins accross solid fighters at different weight classes. I love how these articles spawn allllllll kinds of debate
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post
    Fedor was the greatest of his era; his time. You can't compare against today because he was dipping but that's a moot point.
    We have Dan Henderson who does easily combat for a best p4p place, given his length of MMA service and wins accross solid fighters at different weight classes. I love how these articles spawn allllllll kinds of debate
    Henderson was just great at cutting that was his thing He could put on decent fights at different weights jack of all trades master of none.

Sakuraba on the other hand was not a big guy and held his own against much bigger guys he was a blown up Light weight fighting and more often then not winning. He never cut.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 11-04-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Henderson was just great at cutting that was his thing He could put on decent fights at different weights jack of all trades master of none.
    I'm not a big Hendo fan, but you are talking pure shite he had accomplished a hell of a lot more than "cutting weight well"

Seriously WTF are you on??
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    I'm not a big Hendo fan, but you are talking pure shite he had accomplished a hell of a lot more than "cutting weight well"

Seriously WTF are you on??
    I'm on reality mate I'm saying Henderson was great at cutting how else could he go up and down in weights in today's world and stay high level when some top guys drop weight and it half kills them. Of course he had the skill and is a great fighter but best of all time? Im not so sure.

Lmao its all coming out now I never had you for been a closet fan boy.

Attachment 9189
    I've said that for years... It's pretty much been out there.

I'm on reality mate I'm saying Henderson was great at cutting how else could he go up and down in weights in today's world and stay high level when some top guys drop weight and it half kills them. Of course he had the skill and is a great fighter but best of all time? Im not so sure.
    Are you fucking crazy?...

Across 4 different weights in his career he's beaten:

Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira, Vitor Belfort, Wanderlei Silva (Prime - which practically nobody on earth can say), Bustamante (twice), FEDOR!!!, both Rua brothers, Cavalcante, Bisping, Sobral... and thats just off the top of my head... I can see what you mean, all cans.

EDIT -

UFC Middleweight tournament winner
    Pride Welterweight + Middleweight Champion
    Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 11-04-2013 at 03:18 PM.

The contentious point is your line "Henderson was just great at cutting weight" at least in the above you say he's got "skill".

As I said I'm no huge Hendo fan and don't consider him the G.O.A.T by any means but your statements are pure lunacy.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Are you fucking crazy?...

Across 4 different weights in his career he's beaten (worth noting):

Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira, Vitor Belfort, Wanderlei Silva (Prime - which practically nobody on earth can say), Bustamante (twice), FEDOR!!!, both Rua brothers, Cavalcante, Bisping, Sobral... and thats just off the top of my head... I can see what you mean, all cans.
    Belfort and Silva can be crossed off that list due to steroids they are nulled due to that.

Bisping got caught and was unlucky

Fedor was on a losing streak so the name carrys very little weight at this point.

The rest he can have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    The contentious point is your line "Henderson was just great at cutting weight" at least in the above you say he's got "skill".

As I said I'm no huge Hendo fan and don't consider him the G.O.A.T by any means but your statements are pure lunacy.
    Forgive me as when we are talking about this level of fighter and who is the G.O.A.T sometimes you need to be ruthless to separate them.

Belfort and Silva can be crossed off that list due to steroids they are nulled due to that.

Bisping got caught and was unlucky

Fedor was on a losing streak so the name carrys very little weight at this point.

The rest he can have.
    You're an idiot. If Silva and Belfort were on drugs it was to make them better, Wanderlei was the best fighter in the world at that weight for the time he was in Pride, Bisping wasn't unlucky, he just isn't good enough and got fucking knocked into the next month and balls to him being on a losing streak, he fought a bonafide middleweight and got knocked out cold, you've just said he was the best ever.