Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodriguez v Wain, Towler v Robinson - UCFC 5

Hybrid View

Default Rodriguez v Wain, Towler v Robinson - UCFC 5

Adding to Shamrock vs. Freeman, UCFC 5 just got a whole lot bigger:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...d-for-ucfc.htm

Neil Wain vs. Ricco Rodriguez, Darren Towler vs. Colin Robinson and Neil Grove also signed to fight.

UCFC now has to sell out the entire stadium surely. I know Neil Wain and Darren Towler do well support wise but I wouldn't imagine Robinson and Rodriguez will make people want to go, Robinson is another easy fight for Towler. Towler vs Wain would have been a good fight also.

Intrigued as to who the rest of the card will feature.

Aye, that ain't gonna be cheap, especially with Grove vs Thompson added! Probably Donny's biggest ticket seller in Scott Askham is signed to BAMMA so looks like he won't be on there. It's ambitious, but I'm sure they've taken it all into consideration and I hope they can pull it off!

The card is stacked. All fights are signed and under contract (been confirmed by promoter)
    I will be there 1 way or another. A huge night for UK MMA.

wain vs towler would be good cracking fight hopefully promoter will put the winners of each fight together next event

Wain would KO Towler early IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Wain would KO Towler early IMO.
    This, but they are trying to build Towler & pad out his record hence the steady stream of easier opponents albeit Ben Smith was a great win. I'm not sure why they are trying to do this however as there is no chance of him getting into the UFC or Bellator due to his CR & style of fighting imho.
    And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Quote Originally Posted by Valour5 View Post
    This, but they are trying to build Towler & pad out his record hence the steady stream of easier opponents albeit Ben Smith was a great win. I'm not sure why they are trying to do this however as there is no chance of him getting into the UFC or Bellator due to his CR & style of fighting imho.
    Impressive at the time but in light of how Ben Smith has done since then not so much so, Ian Freeman really pushes Towler and gets him good fight opportunities and to be fair to the guy he really seems to put in the hard yards but Wain and Grove would both be to much for him

I've just been given some info on this card and the show is definitely not finished with heavyweight and another good fight is to be announced... There's also two other names that have big show experience to be announced... If all this comes off it could be the best card that the domestic shore has seen.

Owner of @LOVE2FIGHTmag, student of BKK Fighters & PR for WFS: Warrior Fight Series