Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodriguez v Wain, Towler v Robinson - UCFC 5

To put the ice on the cake and to go down as 1 of the greatest they need semtex on there.

Personally the fight cards is not that appealing to me. Of course the "heavy" guys will attract a certain amount of attention and alot of people like to see the big guys go at it.

Freeman v Shamrock has no meaning or bearing on anything that is current MMA. I like that Andre Winner is on the card and hope he gets matched with one of the UK guys who have been recently cut from the UFC.

Wain v Rodriguez is not bad and so is Oli v Grove but I would rather have seen Wain v Grove.

Hope they get some quality lighter fights aswell.

They must have a big budget to get all these guys on!
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

The thing for me with heavyweight fights outside of the elite level (and to be honest, sometimes inside it) is that when they're good, they're really fun to watch, but when they're bad...well, you see where I'm going with this. With the news that Winner is on, I'm hoping we'll get a few decent non-HW scraps on there to balance things out.

I genuinely have no idea how popular the headline act is, so I've no idea whether on not people are going to be buying a ticket on the strength of seeing him perform. In an old line of work my company booked Basement Jax and Goldie Lookin' Chain for a do once - neither was cheap, and I'm guessing this act would fall somewhere in between the above in terms of price. But with this guy, Shamrock, Freeman, Winner and a bunch of HW guys on there...they're gonna need all the people through the door they can get.

Does 50 for the cheapest ticket seem a bit steep to anyone though? Tickets for the headline act are going for 20 on their current tour, and the average UK MMA ticket for a cheap seat is what, 25-30?
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    Does 50 for the cheapest ticket seem a bit steep to anyone though? Tickets for the headline act are going for 20 on their current tour, and the average UK MMA ticket for a cheap seat is what, 25-30?
    The event is not close enough to where I live for me to take the time to travel up to watch it. If I did live quite close I would not cough up 50.

Some classic names on there but 50 is too steep. With Rodriguez's resume you would think he would focus more on training others rather than fighting. maybe he does train people I haven't looked it up tbh.

The card is looking good.
    I like the idea of a veterans mma belt.
    As for the price, it seems good value for a full days entertainment.

Good luck to the promoters

Paul

Seriously.... How cool would it be if they sold it out?... 15,000.

Might try and make this card.
    Remember watching Buzz beat Ken at Cage Rage. Think Ian will destroy him.
    A Black belt is just a White Belt that never quits

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Seriously.... How cool would it be if they sold it out?... 15,000.
    For the sake of the sport here, I would LOVE them to. That would show such a breakthrough. However, when you consider the UFC just about broke 10k a Wembley in Feb, it doesn't look likely. A few thousand would be great.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

I've never heard of this chap. what use is an academic going to be in selling tickets? what does he lecture on?

I can't see the crowd maintaining concentration unless it's a truly inspirational lesson.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'