Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Authoritative Encyclopedia of Scientific Wrestling, Vol. 2 ??? - thoughts??

Thanks again everyone..

I know how to use the net very well and hammer google in the first instance and search forums rather than bore people with stupid questions...

Again I aint for/against any style/instructor/club - very neutral and not tied to anyone/anything - have done various stuff over the years but not rolled/sparred in a very very long time...not been interested in anything for years.

I am keen to learn more no-gi/subs - not interested in learning over complex techniques as looking for techniques that can be applied fast and hard with little "setup" and which "work" in any enviroment.

I think I did try and post on here when the snake pit are doing another seminar down south, could be wrong but i think they did one in slough (near london for you northerners down here).

Ironically my wife is originally from bolton and we maybe visiting her relatives in the next month or 2 ... and it is seems there's alot of catch wrestling round that way !

Hasn't anyone from the north moved down south that knows this stuff????

Everything seems to be bjj down south here as of late.
    Last edited by mikiesbuk; 18-04-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Training, say, BJJ + freestyle wrestling is a lot more like training catch than not training at all. What Roy teaches isn't some kind of omni-grappling super style, it's specific to rules with pin-falls and joint submissions but no chokes, though obviously there's crossover to other environments and rule sets. You also need to be able to wrestle, like have lots of regular practice at wrestling, to be able to apply any of it.

If you want to be a decent wrestler with a no-gi sub focus who doesn't mind cranking shit then "London Shootfighters" is the name of that style.
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurning; 19-04-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiesbuk View Post
    not interested in learning over complex techniques
    Then train jiu-jitsu.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiesbuk View Post
    looking for techniques that can be applied fast and hard with little "setup" and which "work" in any enviroment.
    This doesn't exist. Anyone who sells training on this promise is a liar.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/