Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: travis browne illegal elbows???

Hybrid View

Default travis browne illegal elbows???

Just watched the browne gonzaga fight and have to ask how many of those elbows were to back of head I counted at least 3????????

yeh there was a few illegal elbows in there, but gonzaga was already out before the illegal elbows were thrown, so it wouldn't of changed the outcome of the fight

Quote Originally Posted by anton.d. View Post
    yeh there was a few illegal elbows in there, but gonzaga was already out before the illegal elbows were thrown, so it wouldn't of changed the outcome of the fight
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by anton.d. View Post
    im not sure he was, without looking at it again, i thought the elbow that done the damage was behind that headphone position

He was already out so it's ok to not acknowledge them? So would it be ok to knock someone out, kick them in the back of the head and say "he was already out so it's ok!", what a load of shite. Yeah it wouldn't change the outcome but it was illegal as fuck!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashy51 View Post
    He was already out so it's ok to not acknowledge them? So would it be ok to knock someone out, kick them in the back of the head and say "he was already out so it's ok!", what a load of shite. Yeah it wouldn't change the outcome but it was illegal as fuck!!
    That was the point I was trying to make even if he was already out before the first illegal shot (and thats debatable) u still cant get away with that. Surely??????

I dont think it was deliberate, Gonzaga was out, as he dropped his head turned and the last blow or maybe 2 seemed to catch the back of his head, in that split second, can anyone expect Browne to stop the elbow that was being thrown as Gonzaga's head turned, the first few landed cleanly, he was just plowing a load in the same way as the first few...

Meh.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Haven't see. The fight yet so can't really comment. That said however if there was illegal elbows it should be a DQ or at leadt a point off IMO.

Look at Jones vs Hamill. There was no way in hell Hamill was going to do anything. With Jones however Jones throws illegal elbows and hey presto Hamill gets the win.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Is the ruling intentional though or just any illegal blow? As in kinda handball - if its not intentional then crack on.

I honestly think it was just that split second as Gonzaga slumped, Browne plowed a few more in and the last one or two caught the back of his head, didn't change the outcome, nor really was there anything he could do to stop the blow landing, be a bit harsh to DQ him for them - Jones on the other hand, that was a 12-6 elbow which is never legal, the elbow Browne threw was legal but Gonzaga's head turned making it land illegally.

Not sure what can be done about these kind of things but I hate when a fighter covers up and starts squirming and twisting his head whilst the dude on top reigns down blows and the ref tells them to watch the punches they throw - its almost impossible I imagine to determine where the dude you are about to punch is going to twist his head, I kinda dislike the illegal blow rules in that regard as in those circumstances the punch/elbow thrown is a legit elbow and meant in a legit manner, just in that moment that the punch/elbow is thrown, the dude on the receiving end turns slightly causing the blow to land not on the target as intended - that to me in some regards is more the dude getting punched's fault, he is the one turning into the blow.

Having read this back, I dont think I am getting across what I am trying to explain properly, I also cant be arsed to rewrite it, I shall hope it comes across as intended! If not, meh.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    threw was legal but Gonzaga's head turned making it land illegally.
    If it lands illegally then it is illegal I guess? Regardless whether the head turns. The last ones were defo to the back but it happened so quickly and his position did change. In this instance a warning would have been given but the fact that the fight ended so soon after (due to the legal shots) then it kind of doesn't warrant a warning as it was over and he was out. A DQ would have been very harsh.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!