Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: travis browne illegal elbows???

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    threw was legal but Gonzaga's head turned making it land illegally.
    If it lands illegally then it is illegal I guess? Regardless whether the head turns. The last ones were defo to the back but it happened so quickly and his position did change. In this instance a warning would have been given but the fact that the fight ended so soon after (due to the legal shots) then it kind of doesn't warrant a warning as it was over and he was out. A DQ would have been very harsh.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Ok, lemme try again (Though I agree with Jimmys valid point)

What I'm trying to say is that if fighter A is pounding the shit out of fighter B, how is fighter A actually in real terms supposed to determine what position his opponents head is in, in 0.5 of a second for instance. The fact I suppose I am trying to get at is kind of - the closer a fighter is to finishing a fight, the more danger he has of being disqualified because the groggy fighter is squirming about like a fish thats been grabbed by the tail, stuck in a catapult and fired onto some concrete 50 feet away. I can understand say a fighter with a knee on the floor being knee'd in the face being a DQ but when a fighter unleashes a flurry of GnP it must be fucking hard to make sure every single punch lands perfectly (I'm not a fighter I admit, though I train UF-Fucking-C in my garage, alone, with a pillow)

If the fight isn't close to a finish then I can see more the argument that shots should be thrown with care but how many times have we seen a fighter rocked and then jumped on and pounded out - and within that moment, quite often the rocked fighter will take a dubious punch or two simply because of the catapulted fish scenario.

Another example I suppose was KJ Noons against.....shit whats his name, TUF dude, in Strikeforce at the time.... KJ threw a punch before the bell sounded, bell went, punch landed, dude got pretty much KTFO - should he have been DQ'd for landing an illegal blow then as it was after the bell - even kicked out of Strikeforce a'la Daley was in UFC (playing devils advocate here, totally know the difference between them, but in clear cut terms, both landed after the bell - there is no discrepancy for any time difference of 1 second to 2 minutes as far as I know)
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Should have given him the soccer kick too if you ask me, right before gouging his eyes out.

Seriously though - this thread should be resulting in a "Marc help us" thread.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

if the elbows are thrown to the back of the head deliberately (in the refs opinion) and results in the fighter being unable to continue then its a straight DQ. If the elbows are thrown and accidentally (in the refs opinion) hit the back of the head then a warning/point deduction is issued, if the fighter can't continue its a DQ.

if a fighter throws an elbow or punch and the other fighter deliberately moves their head in order to make the shot land illegally then that fighter can be warned or a point deduction made, this is unsporting behaviour, again this would be down to the opinion of the ref.

As far as illegal shots thrown after a fighter has been knocked out, it is the responsibility of the aggressor to show control in his attack, if the ref deemed there was no such control then he could DQ that fighter. I would think this would be unlikely but again would be up to the ref to decide. Probably only likely if the fighter had been warned or had points deducted for the same thing in previous rounds.

hope this helps
    Last edited by Stumac; 15-04-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Ok, lemme try again (Though I agree with Jimmys valid point)

What I'm trying to say is that if fighter A is pounding the shit out of fighter B, how is fighter A actually in real terms supposed to determine what position his opponents head is in, in 0.5 of a second for instance. The fact I suppose I am trying to get at is kind of - the closer a fighter is to finishing a fight, the more danger he has of being disqualified because the groggy fighter is squirming about like a fish thats been grabbed by the tail, stuck in a catapult and fired onto some concrete 50 feet away. I can understand say a fighter with a knee on the floor being knee'd in the face being a DQ but when a fighter unleashes a flurry of GnP it must be fucking hard to make sure every single punch lands perfectly (I'm not a fighter I admit, though I train UF-Fucking-C in my garage, alone, with a pillow)

If the fight isn't close to a finish then I can see more the argument that shots should be thrown with care but how many times have we seen a fighter rocked and then jumped on and pounded out - and within that moment, quite often the rocked fighter will take a dubious punch or two simply because of the catapulted fish scenario.

Another example I suppose was KJ Noons against.....shit whats his name, TUF dude, in Strikeforce at the time.... KJ threw a punch before the bell sounded, bell went, punch landed, dude got pretty much KTFO - should he have been DQ'd for landing an illegal blow then as it was after the bell - even kicked out of Strikeforce a'la Daley was in UFC (playing devils advocate here, totally know the difference between them, but in clear cut terms, both landed after the bell - there is no discrepancy for any time difference of 1 second to 2 minutes as far as I know)
    It is the duty of the fighter to know. When up close and throwing a knee if a guy has his hand on the floor even though you may not see it as your vision might be impaired by looking down at the top of your opponents head when about to throw. The same with elbowing, ref normally warns an illegal shot but in this instance it happened too quick and some were fine
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Just seen on a couple of websites that gonzagas team are appealing the decision. The commission gonnae study tape and make decision