Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Completely random question....

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I would argue that I've not done next to nothing, see?
    A few quick tap outs and a little show is nothing relative to Ians input, see?
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

I think Leigh Remdios, Ian Freeman , Mark Weir, Mark Epstein and Michael Bisping are probably the guys that excelled UK MMA and pushed it forward a huge leap..

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by coventrywarrior View Post
    A few quick tap outs and a little show is nothing relative to Ians input, see?
    How on gods earth did you misinterpret what I just said... I was continuing my analogy of the sales point... You've missed it. Lets forget about it.

Your analogy. Rofl.
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Exactly... So the analogy worked, it was suppose to be highlighted as a pathetic example. Thus defining the point. Never mind I still love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    How many of you think that ''Ian Freeman'' IS the reason that MMA happened in the UK?...

Let me clarify, I don't want anyone to say ''he is one of the reasons'', I want people who think it was all because of him.
    Dude; I don't THINK that you are out to cause some kind of incrimination but look at the potential of this...

"Ian. No, you are not THE reason. Everybody I asked on Cagewarriors says that same thing"

You see where I'm going.

But as an early pioneer and the first person to get a top named win over 10 years ago, I wouldn't begrudge somebody saying "I AM".
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

I always wondered that, at a few shows where he has been an MC he goes back to he is the reason mma is big in the uk? But didn't know enough to go into it myself, seems like a nice chap to be fair.
    Just think he likes the limelight so is hanging on to it, FairPlay though, he beat frank Mir haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    I think Leigh Remdios, Ian Freeman , Mark Weir, Mark Epstein and Michael Bisping are probably the guys that excelled UK MMA and pushed it forward a huge leap..
    I know he's not actually a fighter but I would put Dave O'Donnell in there to some extent. He brought some big names over to fight in Cage Rage from overseas and provided a good platform for guys like Epstein, Bisping etc.

There were many factors contributing to the emergence and growth of MMA. Singling out individuals misses the key point that there was a lot of mutual self interest which meant that a lots of people helped each other out directly or indirectly. Freeman getting into the UFC was a factor but so was Andy jardine getting moderately big US names to fight on his show; then theere's the pioneering work of Lee Hasdell which predated both of those things and those early promoters who invested in proper cages (Adams, Jardine, Truman, not sure if Lee H ever used a cage).

Even if Bisping did bring new fans, he wouldn't have got the exposure if Bravo hadn't invested in screening TUF
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Any one person claiming that they are the single, solitary reason for MMA's success in this country (or any other) is wrong, simple as that.

If Ian said that, I very much doubt he meant it literally, so it shouldn't be taken as such.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.