Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to deal with a loss

Hybrid View

Default Best way to deal with a loss

Weather its MMA, K1, BJJ,Boxing or chess; losing feels shite. A lot of people deal with it in different ways-some come back twice the competitior,others vanish forever.
    Be good to find out folks views on dealing with losing- What do you think/do? Few beers an back in gym Monday? Take time out to develop? Listen to the opinions of a million people or make your own mind up?

They should read your book "Bouncing Back", a book which has been described as, and I quote ‘lovely stuff’. Not my words, Michael, the words of Shakin’ Stevens.

Unfortunatly they have all been pulped. Anyway,i'm off the BP garage for a mushroom slice- I might find one there...

I tend to analyse every error I made in my head and run through what I could have done instead,and when it starts to thrash my head in, do something completely unrelated (usually involves drink) and then go at it with a clear head the next training session.....that's what I did with football anyway, seemed to work quite well
    Twitter @ricbrad

I have 5 pints, wrap a scarf around my face and punch a police horse. That's how I deal with a loss.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtygoose View Post
    I tend to analyse every error I made in my head and run through what I could have done instead,and when it starts to thrash my head in, do something completely unrelated (usually involves drink) and then go at it with a clear head the next training session.....that's what I did with football anyway, seemed to work quite well
    When really what you should do is knock the booze on the head make your cardio a priority drop to middle weight and work on your base on the ground and wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    When really what you should do is knock the booze on the head make your cardio a priority drop to middle weight and work on your base on the ground and wrestling.
    Think ul find I won that one cakes
    Was referring to when I played football,got a hell of a lot more experience in that kind of thing than mma unfortunately
    Twitter @ricbrad

I usually blame everyone bar myself, then move to the Blackzillians.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

What do you do if u lose again once there Evzy?
    Seriously tho, I think a few beers with the lads-get all the shoulda coulda wouldas out the way,then straight back into it. The longer you leave it the more time you have to think and convince yourself how shit you are. Does nothin for confidence.

From judo experience losing was a learning curve took it on the chin and try my best to learn from it.