Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did you get involved in mma?

My missus at the time, her dad brought home a VHS copy of UFC 1 and gave it to me saying " I know you like that boxing stuff, lad in work said you might like this" I was into it from then on but struggled for years to get copies of events and shit til the advent of the internet and the joy of only having a 56k connection when almost all the UK had broadband... So used to torrent an event which would take days to download.

I also once knocked Tito Ortiz out in an alleyway in London when he was gobbin off at some blokes, I was trying to have a nap behind a dumpster and that fat headed fuck woke me up, so I sparked him, said alreet to Chuck and went back to sleep.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

First live event was Cage Rage 9 that really got me in to MMA. Seen some of the greats fight live like Anderson Silva, Lee Murray, a young Paul Daley and Brad Pickett. Trained with Overeem and Royce Gracie and still mad about the sport.
    A Black belt is just a White Belt that never quits

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post
    Extreme Force Genesis in Wembley.
    I was there too! 'OMG is that JEREMY HORN???? NO WAY!!!'

saw gracies in action, ufc's 2 & 4 i think it was, in about 96/97. didn't follow it up straight away, then a friend bought extreme fighting ('sure... the Lebellian double') in 1999 and i was hooked. totally mesmerised.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by starwar1 View Post
    a young Paul Daley and Brad Pickett.
    haha my mate thought it was a good time to go and get a drink when Paul KO'd prof X. he told me he missed it and didn't really like the show. i almost spat on him for leaving during a fight, missing one of the most exciting parts of the evening and then judging the show harshly.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    I was there too! 'OMG is that JEREMY HORN???? NO WAY!!!'

saw gracies in action, ufc's 2 & 4 i think it was, in about 96/97. didn't follow it up straight away, then a friend bought extreme fighting ('sure... the Lebellian double') in 1999 and i was hooked. totally mesmerised.
    it was the Lebellian grapevine hahaha. Dude - Extreme force, 10 years ago next month!!
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Bought UFC 2 on VHS from Andys Records when I was a kid. Didn't do any type of MMA till 2004 but trained sporadically at different places for 9 years. Don't really train now other than a bit of rolling at our local club.

saw a tv spot on a sports news journalism spot just before UFC 26. was talking about how it was real, most of the guys hoped to make the jump to pro wrestling. UFC 27 was the first UFC event I ever saw. Probably the only guy in the world who's first MMA even they saw was UFC 27.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

ooph, worst name for a show ever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_27

26 was worst IMO. Ultimate Field of Dreams.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!