Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Female world no1 boxer Holly Holm moving to mma fulltime

Default Female world no1 boxer Holly Holm moving to mma fulltime

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...holm-shift-mma

Holm is an 18-time, three-division world champion in boxing and has a 32-2-3 boxing record. She is 3-0 in MMA bouts.
    I'm sure the boxing vs mma debate at all levels will go on for men. I'm not familiar with the female boxing scene and how much money etc is in it but there is a massive buzz around female mma at the moment.

interesting times

I think it's pretty interesting that she has won 2/3 MMA fights via a kick, she's showing diversity, whether her grappling is on point remains to be seen. Good potential though, I could see why the UFC might use her if she wins a couple more because she'll have a following.

But is she a threat to Cyborgaroid?
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post
    But is she a threat to Cyborgaroid?
    She boxed at 138lbs and mma wise has been at 135 I think, so I doubt that would happen but with her stand up background im sure it would be interesting

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...7628&cat=boxer

not a massive amount of stoppages but thats a huge amount of experience

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I think it's pretty interesting that she has won 2/3 MMA fights via a kick, she's showing diversity, whether her grappling is on point remains to be seen. Good potential though, I could see why the UFC might use her if she wins a couple more because she'll have a following.
    I think she's trained at jacksons/winklejohns for a while now and has some kickboxing in her locker. I would imagine she has trained in all facets even whilst she was just boxing. I'm interested to see how she does especially being trained by those guys. Her striking (or at least her boxing) will be on a different level to anyone else. Good luck to her

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    another kick win for her....

Saw that KO the other night, nice.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Put her in with Calderwood im sure she would be happy to stand and her Thai could be to much for her.

Holly holds a better record in Thai that Joanne I believe for accomplishments but its a different game in MMA, thats definitely a fight I'd like to see.

Same Griz that would be a main event fight and if both girls brought there A games could become legendary.