Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ucc 13 x fighter

David Grahem smashed tiny lithuanian from antonio's in a about 7 secs

pointless...

Yh, were a couple of last minute replacements.

What fights did you want results of? I might be able to remember
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

I'll list the winners as there were a lot of last minute replacements unfortunately:

Dave Sutcliffe
    James Lewis
    Ryan Tracey
    Luke Taylor via TKO
    Simon Home via decision
    Phil Murphy
    Danny Heuer via guillotine
    Lloyd Galately
    Dave Graham via TKO
    George Williams
    Jack McGann via TKO
    Ali Arish via TKO
    Daniel Howard via armbar
    Conrad Hayes via decision

I THINK that was it.

Conrad Hayes vs Bruno Marques was a stand up war and I was very impressed by how Conrad nullified Marques' aggressive style with solid technical boxing.

Daniel Howard's armbar over Andy Green was slick. Constantly attacking off his back for submissions.

Javonne Morrison vs Simon Home was 'controversial' but the decision was correct in my opinion. Javonne took the first round, Simon took the last round and the second was the breaker - Javonne took Simon down early in the round but was inactive from inside Simon's guard before being swept. Simon was in mount for almost half a round dropping shots and had a sub attempt as the bell went - he showed more effective grappling and striking in the second whereas Javonne took him down and did nothing with it.

Ali Arish vs Matsys (?) was good... for the first 2 minutes. It will show when the video comes out that I knew nothing about Matsys but I was told by Aaron Chatfield later tha Matsys has a solid wrestling background which made interesting viewing. Then Ali landed a solid right hand and Matsys just didn't want to know after that.

Jack McGann's TKO of Luke Harrison was well deserved after Harrison faked a glove touch and tried cheap shotting Jack... he got dropped a few seconds later for the attempted Judas'ing. Then proceeded to get punched out after getting slightly raped from Thai clinch.

There are mixed opinions about fake glove touching/cheap shotting with people saying "protect yourself at all times" ... fuck that. Everyone is an athlete and should always remain professional, if you try to get a cheap shot off by pulling that shit, you deseve to get sparked.
    Last edited by Xanthic; 21-04-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Harrison didn't fake glove touch or certainily didn't intend it, that kid was nervous as hell, thats what happens when you have an experienced pro fighter against a kid who is 3 kg's lighter and has never fought MMA before, then chuck him in near the end of the bill like it's some kind of major fight.

Quote Originally Posted by War View Post
    Harrison didn't fake glove touch or certainily didn't intend it, that kid was nervous as hell, thats what happens when you have an experienced pro fighter against a kid who is 3 kg's lighter and has never fought MMA before, then chuck him in near the end of the bill like it's some kind of major fight.
    He wasn't showing signs of nervousness when he was glaring at Jack as he was walking down the walkway and into the cage. There was a lot of posturing on Harrison's behalf.

That was Jack's 2nd pro fight if I'm not mistaken and I remember Harrison was announced at weighing in at 71kgs.

But hey ho, that's the game. People react under pressue in different ways I guess.
    Last edited by Xanthic; 21-04-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post

Javonne Morrison vs Simon Home was 'controversial' but the decision was correct in my opinion.

There are mixed opinions about fake glove touching/cheap shotting with people saying "protect yourself at all times" ... fuck that. Everyone is an athlete and should always remain professional, if you try to get a cheap shot off by pulling that shit, you deseve to get sparked.
    The Javonne vs Simon result seemed to upset alot of people but all judges scored the bout the same!

The fake glove touching/cheap shot is out of order. I got booted in the head last time I fought whilst offering my hand to touch gloves lol
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

Xanthic has summed up a good night. All judges were sat apart and scored the decisions the same.

Harrison Vs Jack was a well matched fight, Harrisons attacks were countered well by Jacks sharpness and counter punching.
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Just as a follow up to the payment thing - This was posted on Facebook by Conrad's coach this morning re: the missing belt and payment.

I got told by Robert that it had been forgotten by the promoter. Hopefully will get the belt and the purse sorted today. There was about 8 fighters that had not been paid, the medics and michelle had not been paid, there was some angry polish or russian fighters that had not been paid outside
    Followed by...

Should be paid up by tomorrow spoke to promoter so all good
    So hopefully this will be sorted ASAP.

EDIT: Also, as pointed out to me by Ian Butlin, the promoter (Danny) had left the running of Saturday's show to Rob Riley, who was responsible for paying fighters.
    Last edited by brashleyholland; 21-04-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

First of all thanks to every one that made friday and saturdays events succesfull ones. Wasn't easy running 2 on consecutive nights. ALL fighters got paid apart from the ones that didn't stick to there agreements...typicall bullshiters that couldn't sell a ticket if they try'd. Loyd "Joker" Harrop saying were a "shitty set up" and is jumping on the "i didn't get paid bandwaggon"...hahaha last time i checked Ko promotions has successfully put on 30+ events and are still head and shoulders above the rest. Loyd Harrop fought on the "shitty event" 5 times and 3 times asked for "easy fights" because he sells "tickets" (isen't unusual in the promoting world) and when we got him a 50/50 fight( Eden Newton/ Atom Katov) He got beat quite easilly. (Check his record for the superstars he actually beat) haha 5 times and he did't get paid?? He must be a mug if that was true?? Will be putting his last fight on line today as originally he asked for it not to.. lol(wonder why??) Funny how every one i speak to has the same opinion of loyd... joker spring's to mind. Please don't fight on my event if you have no intention of contributing to it. Every one else your more than welcome. Going on holiday now will be releasing the next dates when i get back. So please get in touch if you want to fight on a "shitty event" hahaha see you all soon Danny
    UCC Ultimate cage championships.