Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ucc 13 x fighter

I hate when people say he couldn't sell a ticket, it's not down to the fighters to sell tickets, its down to the promoters.

My pet hate is ''I can't match you because you won't sell any tickets''.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I hate when people say he couldn't sell a ticket, it's not down to the fighters to sell tickets, its down to the promoters.

My pet hate is ''I can't match you because you won't sell any tickets''.
    I disagree. Obviously a promoter has to promote , but the nature of the game for domestic shows is that you need local fighters that will sell you tickets to make the bulk of your money. It's not an ideal scenario, but it's the only way domestic shows can succeed - having home fighters that sell tickets.

Of course if you're a visiting opponent it's not much of an issue, but these guys shifting lots of tickets are recompensed for it. I know from personal experience that UCC are very generous with their compensation for it.

I'd never take a fight based on 'you get paid only if you sell x amount of tickets', but if you've entered into that contractual agreement then that's your choice and you need to honour it. I don't know the ins and outs, but it's not as clear cut as saying 'needing guys to sell tickets to get matched up is bad'. It's crucial.

It's a matter of personal opinion, I see your point, but to not have someone on because they don't sell tickets is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    It's a matter of personal opinion, I see your point, but to not have someone on because they don't sell tickets is stupid.
    Spunking money on fighters with a load of critical acclaim but who couldn't draw flies in a horseshit factory is stupid if your reliant on the ticket model.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

You can look at it both ways but it's really about getting on good guys and good fights with the ticket sellers on. That means well matched fights. Events do rely on the local guys bringing in a good crowd. It's not as though they have the social media reach and Marketing budget and abilities of the UFC who solely "promote" based on the quality that is on the card regardless of geographics of their events and fighters.

The key here is whether you must sell tickets to fulfil your contractual obligations or if you merely didn't sell as many as you thought you would and the promoter was expecting more from you. 1 issue is the fighters the other is the promoters!
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    Spunking money on fighters with a load of critical acclaim but who couldn't draw flies in a horseshit factory is stupid if your reliant on the ticket model.
    I suppose it depends on the climate really and where the show is and the fighters etc, from personal experience I've did extremely well but I just think thats not something that should stop you having a fighter on because they can't sell tickets...

It's like...
    ''Hi mate, do you want to fight on my show 500 miles away'',
    ''Yes go on then''
    ''Will you sell tickets?''
    ''No''
    ''Forget I mentioned it''

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    It's not as though they have the social media reach and Marketing budget and abilities of the UFC who solely "promote" based on the quality that is on the card regardless of geographics of their events and fighters.
    That said, even the UFC fill up their cards with local guys. In Newark when i went for UFC 111 the entire undercard was New Jersey natives. Same when i went to Toronto, full of Canadians.

I have a question though about UCC 13 X Fighter - What happened to the tournament?

Doolan and Remedios had been confirmed, all seemed well and then it just died off?

Quote Originally Posted by MMAlien View Post
    That said, even the UFC fill up their cards with local guys. In Newark when i went for UFC 111 the entire undercard was New Jersey natives. Same when i went to Toronto, full of Canadians.
    Yes, but that is probably about getting the local guys the exposure more over ticket sales. They build fighters in the hope that they can unearth some big talents that will appeal to the whole Nation/Country. If they fill an undercard then there will always be a couple of guys that will really impress and make people want to see them next time they are back in that country.

I can see what your saying though. Every business needs to try and optimise profit 100% so they would be foolish to put on say UK guys onto the Canada events as this would not only offer less ticket money but also cost more in airfares etc
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by War View Post
    Harrison didn't fake glove touch or certainily didn't intend it, that kid was nervous as hell, thats what happens when you have an experienced pro fighter against a kid who is 3 kg's lighter and has never fought MMA before, then chuck him in near the end of the bill like it's some kind of major fight.
    Harrison didn't look very nervous here and definitely intended to Judas punch Jack.

Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.