Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ucc 13 x fighter

Yep that looked like a cheap shot from where I am sat..
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I stand by my previous post - This kid was nervous as hell and nearly pulled out (you can ask Danny). If he did he sure didn't intend it.
    This is what happens when you put experienced fighters in with a guy who is 3 kg's lighter (ask your coach Karl, he varified the weight since aaron was late). you seem to remember he was announced @ 71 - he wasn't, he was announced @ 70kg, but was actually 67 (ask your coach Karl).

This is getting silly.

Its is getting silly. If two people weigh in and agree on the fight then it is on. Afterwards making excuses about weight, experience etc is pathetic. If its a problem then dont fight, if you fight then the result stands. Bullshit!!
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

edit, no off topic trolling today
    Last edited by sol_dave; 22-04-2013 at 05:29 PM.

I would have thought if he was nervous he wouldnt have steamed out throwing bombs.....Anyway, he got his just desserts either way I suppose. Hope he has at least learnt from it.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Just a quick update on this - I've heard from Rob Riley today; Rob tells me that he was not responsible for paying fighters on the night - He did pay Ian however, so I'm guessing the assumption that Rob was in charge of payments came from there.

I've reached out to Danny to clear a couple of other things up. I'll update this thread once he's got back me.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

I know from numerous fighters Danny has paid them. Rob did pay Ian and the officials in full and Danny left a message to say he'd pay fighters by paypal.
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Quote Originally Posted by War View Post
    I stand by my previous post - This kid was nervous as hell and nearly pulled out (you can ask Danny). If he did he sure didn't intend it.
    This is what happens when you put experienced fighters in with a guy who is 3 kg's lighter (ask your coach Karl, he varified the weight since aaron was late). you seem to remember he was announced @ 71 - he wasn't, he was announced @ 70kg, but was actually 67 (ask your coach Karl).

This is getting silly.
    I've just posted the video. People have seen and agreed that he neither looked nervous nor did he throw that shot unintentionally.

You want to talk experience...? Jack made his debut against a guy who had 17 pro fights under his belt.

I don't need to "ask Karl" - Luke agreed the fight, agreed the weight and made the decision to fight.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by coventrywarrior View Post
    I know from numerous fighters Danny has paid them. Rob did pay Ian and the officials in full and Danny left a message to say he'd pay fighters by paypal.
    This is how I understand things too. I was just hoping that Danny would clear up the discrepancy between him saying that 'all fighters have been paid' and that fact that someone who was apparently not working for the promotion on the evening was left giving out Danny's contact details to fighters and staff who were awaiting payment, while Danny went home.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Better make this my last post on this -
    I spoke to the kid after the fight, and one of his corner men, the kid was sh*t scared, he puts on a brave face in the cage no arguement (war face) it was no preplanned thing he just panicked (from his own mouth).
    I listed a few factors which may have contributed to his panic (size experience etc)
    At no point would I say that Jack was not the winner, and at no point would I say the fight was not agreed or the weight not met (the point I was trying to make was to list factors that may have induced his panic)

I know the guy very well who Jack made his debut against, and he is of course perfect for many first time pro's.

you told me the weight was announced @ 71, I provided you with a source to confirm the kids weight.

Some of you will say it was intentional, the kid told me he panicked under pressure, I can't really say any more on it.

The fighter tells me one thing, you tell me another - I'm out of this one