Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ucc 13 x fighter

Quote Originally Posted by War View Post
    Better make this my last post on this -
    I spoke to the kid after the fight, and one of his corner men, the kid was sh*t scared, he puts on a brave face in the cage no arguement (war face) it was no preplanned thing he just panicked (from his own mouth).
    I listed a few factors which may have contributed to his panic (size experience etc)
    At no point would I say that Jack was not the winner, and at no point would I say the fight was not agreed or the weight not met (the point I was trying to make was to list factors that may have induced his panic)

I know the guy very well who Jack made his debut against, and he is of course perfect for many first time pro's.

you told me the weight was announced @ 71, I provided you with a source to confirm the kids weight.

Some of you will say it was intentional, the kid told me he panicked under pressure, I can't really say any more on it.

The fighter tells me one thing, you tell me another - I'm out of this one
    Fair enough, I thought you were trolling but good points made.

Have a good night.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Rob Riley was the matchmaker for the event and had dealt with negotiations with all fighters leading up to the show, not Danny. Your facts are wrong. Nothing untoward has happened
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Also for the record, anyone involved with UCC knows Danny does a lot of prep behind the scenes before hand but on the day of a show he has people that are allocated jobs so he can enjoy the show. Often the money is sorted by his bro Austin, Ian Butlin or someone else. Rob had taken the reigns on this show so it is not unusual at all

Quote Originally Posted by coventrywarrior View Post
    Rob Riley was the matchmaker for the event and had dealt with negotiations with all fighters leading up to the show, not Danny. Your facts are wrong. Nothing untoward has happened
    You'll actually find your facts are WRONG.
    The Fight Lounge - Journalist/Writer/Editor - www.thefightlounge.co.uk

Here we go again...

Also for the record, anyone involved with UCC knows Danny does a lot of prep behind the scenes before hand but on the day of a show he has people that are allocated jobs so he can enjoy the show. Often the money is sorted by his bro Austin, Ian Butlin or someone else. Rob had taken the reigns on this show so it is not unusual at all
    And you'll find these facts are WRONG too.

I'll happinly explain why...... I was approached by Danny late last year to come on board UCC and match for what was to be a UCC Bantamweight Tournament. I was to do this for the first few months, I matched a few Amateur and Professsional fights and got a few Bntamweights on board the Tournament. Getting closer to the event and like it does happen on many shows, Bantamweights pulled out and many fights had changed. Danny got me on board as he as other commitments and needed to concentrate on them. About a month and half ago, Danny then came back into the picture and decided he wanted to contrate on this show and we did the matching 50/50. Once all fights were matched, that was my job done.
    I ONLY negotiated purse with a few of Saturday's fighters and teams, and any purse agreement and details were passed through Danny first and all money and fights were in Danny's control as I was just there to match fights.
    Come the day of the show, me, nor Ian Butlin or anyone else was running UCC, Danny was, but as you said, he likes to sit back and enjoy the show which he did and let a runner take control of the fights and fight order. I was there along with other people, purely to give support to Danny.

At this moment in time, all I know is what fighters and coaches have told me and that is they have all spoke to Danny and he as said he will get everyone sorted this week and pay all purses, etc. I know ABOUT 70% of the show's fighters and people involved have been paid, there are just a few remaining people for Danny to settle with.

I ain't sayying Danny will or won't pay everyone, I can't speak for him, but all I can say is, the guy as done many Boxing and MMA shows over the years and always paid everyone and kept everyone happy. So I can't see why that would change now.
    The Fight Lounge - Journalist/Writer/Editor - www.thefightlounge.co.uk

Just to be clear - I am not suggesting that anything untoward has happened. Numerous people have made (and as recently as last night, continue to make) public statements to the effect that they were left without payment on Saturday night.

A rule of thumb I use when reporting is to triangulate facts - that is, if someone tells you something, get two other people to confirm it before you give it any weight. I've had four separate confirmations what I have posted in this thread before I posted it. I stand by the fact that Danny left of Saturday before everyone who expected to be paid, was paid. Danny's initial comment in this thread that 'everyone was paid' is not correct.

Now it's not particularly uncommon for fighters to be paid by bank transfer/paypal a couple of days after a show. I have heard from numerous parties that Danny is in the process of doing exactly that. Danny also mentioned that some fighters were not paid as they did not live up to their agreements - If this is the case, then those fighters have no right to be publicly demanding payments. I have asked Danny if he could clear that up.

The fact remains, there were a number of angry people stood around after the show on Saturday who expected to be paid, and weren't. All I want to do, for the good of UCC and the fighter, is determine whether those people were right to expect to be paid on the night or not.

As Rob has posted in this thread himself I'm not going to comment on his involvement anymore as he's much better placed than me to do so.

To reiterate, I'm not suggesting any wrongdoing. Issues of non/late payment have been raised many times before on this forum and others - I was simply the first person to notice this particular situation, and I'd like to see it all cleared up, everyone paid and everyone happy
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob@MMAUK View Post
    all I know is what fighters and coaches have told me
    Fair enough, i only know what Danny has told me

This has come up on Facebook again and it was suggested that more and more haven't been paid and someone says Danny has "escaped" to Spain?
    Mike "the mic" Persil

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post
    This has come up on Facebook again and it was suggested that more and more haven't been paid and someone says Danny has "escaped" to Spain?
    Even though Mike Persil has brought the news....

I am still going to grab the popcorn.