Thread: The rise of the dinky ninjas

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

i ttt'd the thread on sherdog and resisted the temptation to suggest you could post one of the funny videos of people in your gym doing weird stuff and getting annihilated for fun.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Great read and insight into gym life. Only thing was I thot there waz 4 gyms associated with dinky ninjas. Griphouse, d-unit, higher level and the southside griphouse????? Dont know if the southside one counts tho but deffo coaches take/have taken classes there like dean and danny Aand Iimsure guy used to take some thai classes too???

Quote Originally Posted by tomtie View Post
    Great read and insight into gym life. Only thing was I thot there waz 4 gyms associated with dinky ninjas. Griphouse, d-unit, higher level and the southside griphouse????? Dont know if the southside one counts tho but deffo coaches take/have taken classes there like dean and danny Aand Iimsure guy used to take some thai classes too???
    Southside is not a Dinky Ninjas gym. Has some affiliation with the griphouse (guy who trained there opened it) and has some DNFT coaches coaching there Guy, Dean and danny .

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Southside is not a Dinky Ninjas gym. Has some affiliation with the griphouse (guy who trained there opened it) and has some DNFT coaches coaching there Guy, Dean and danny .
    I want sure on this thanks for clearing up. Have trained there and its a decent gym with brilliant coaches dean, danny,guy, kenny etc its closer to me than actual griphouse in possil. Im just training cos I enjoy it not to be a fighter or to compete in anything. Have trained at griphouse in possil and before that when it was in maryhill really decent guys coaching and training just wish I had time to train enough toget to a level where I could have competed but never really had the time. Good to see you guys getting the recognition u deserve now.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtie View Post
    I want sure on this thanks for clearing up. Have trained there and its a decent gym with brilliant coaches dean, danny,guy, kenny etc its closer to me than actual griphouse in possil. Im just training cos I enjoy it not to be a fighter or to compete in anything. Have trained at griphouse in possil and before that when it was in maryhill really decent guys coaching and training just wish I had time to train enough toget to a level where I could have competed but never really had the time. Good to see you guys getting the recognition u deserve now.
    Taught a few sessions over at south side, cool gym, great group of people.

Thanks man

Cool article .

"Dinky" as in were the name originated,was associated with a territorial gang from the area in which we trained back early 2001+

We were labelled by a friend of a training partner as wee ninjas from the Dinky.

I thought it must of came from Dumbarton. I was through there recently visiting a friend of a friend who just got out of jail and he kept using the word dinky. It's the only other time I've heard the word used. Anyways cool article.
    Last edited by emohpee; 31-05-2013 at 08:37 AM.