Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Scottish team going be huge

Quote Originally Posted by Gi-boy View Post
    What's the thread starter on about then? Are you affiliated with the club or just mental/trolling?
    Sounds like somebody trolling. Seems hes read about the seminars and seen a couple of pictures and decided to jump to a mental conclusion. I dont think any new gym could start up and within a year take over from the dnft as scotlands top fight team it would take many years to get to that sort of level. Lets get real here guy!!!!!

Isn't Antonine a charity-run club opened with a mind to getting people in the community interested in sport. I am pretty sure it's not setup with a mind to being a professional fight gym producing a professional team. If however down the line they produce fighters then fair play to them, but DNFT will be top dogs for a long time to come yet.

My nephew trains here and has nothing but good things to say, as for a fight team I know that wont happen for a long time
    For your MMA Fix, Don't Hit the Pit anymore coz its shut

Quote Originally Posted by the_truth View Post
    Antonine MMA have Ross Pearson and Eddie bravo coaching there.
    Place looks really awesome in the photos! As for Eddie bravo and Ross Pearson 'coaching' there, think that's a little bit of a stretch on the truth. I believe, (and may be wrong) that Eddie Bravo's style of BJJ is being taught there (10th planet) and Ross Pearson hosted a seminar at the gym.

I hope they do well and do have an active MMA team in the future, would be interesting & healthy for the Scottish scene.
    Asa | www.granitecitygrappling.com

Senior Member leonthehitmansummers's Avatar

Lads how div yea get a bluebelt in no gi ? Ave 2 stripes ona my white belt at karate noo so if ama blue can I be a coach ana??
    Knocking cunts ott is the name o my game

leon, you're boring

Ever so slightly mental illegalhunter's Avatar

I love these threads
    They guy who invented Burpees , is a secret child molester

Eddie Bravo does a no-gi belt system through 10th planet, but I don't know about Royce.

Eddie uses a ranking system where he gives out tshirts instead of belts. Blue rashguard for blue belt ranking etc no need for belts when u dont have gis!!!! Not sure if these are officially recognised tho just used in his school. I thot ur level was set by ur gi level ie if ur a purple belt in bjj with gi u were purple belt in no gi for competition purposes. Again im no 100% sure and maybe different competitions use different rules.

Quote Originally Posted by the_truth View Post
    Antonine MMA have Ross Pearson and Eddie bravo coaching there. Give it a year and they will be the team to beat in scotland
    Nah you're way off mate.

Ive trained at the antonine gym (weights room) for couple years as its a cheap and local gym to me, and although the mma addition to the centre i.e. ring / cage / bags etc is a shiny new set up.. its not as far as im aware a dedicated 'fight team' or even an mma 'club'.

They have a mixed timetable with grappling / thai and judo etc (The judo is a separate club called Titan Judo..)

But ive never been along to any grappling sessions there as I train on/off at the d-uint and griphouse, so cant comment on the quality of the 10th planet stuff thats taught.

They have had 2 seminars so far, Dan Hardy and Ross Pearson.. F#ck knows where you got the idea Person and E.Bravo coach there??